Junior Public Health Expert Recruitment 2021 is ongoing as vacancies open for interested and suitably qualified candidates at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria. Apply for the Graduate & Experienced Jobs Recruitment 2021 which ends immediately the application deadline elapses. The company has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for Junior Public Health Expert Recruitment 2021 at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
Job Title: Junior Public Health Expert – Global Fund
Job ID: 208264WD
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment type: Full time
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry/Sector: GPS X-Sector
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
- A career in our Government and Public Sector practice, within Assurance Line of services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities.
- We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
- In joining, you’ll help federal, state and local government clients solve complex business issues and manage jurisdiction related risk.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (Nigeria) Limited (PwC) has been contracted by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria to provide Local Fund Agent (LFA) services in Nigeria. PwC employs a designated team of experts to provide LFA services, consisting of a Team Leader, a Senior Finance Professional, a Senior Public Health and M&E Expert, two Junior Finance Professionals and a Junior Procurement Expert .PwC is now seeking to expand its LFA team with a Junior Public Health and M&E Expert.
Aim of the Job
- To assist the PwC LFA Team Leader and the Public Health and M&E Expert in providing services in the areas of Public Health and Monitoring and Evaluation within the context of PwC’s mandate as Local Fund Agent (LFA) for the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM).
- This can be extended in case PwC will be successful in securing additional mandates, either as the LFA in other countries in the region or in the context of services provided to other clients.
- The Junior Public Health and M&E Expert will assist the PwC Public Health and M&E Expert in the following tasks:
- Critical review of Progress Updates and Disbursement Requests (PU/DRs) submitted by the Principal Recipients (PRs),
- Assessment of the Monitoring and Evaluation capacity of Principal Recipients (PR Assessment or Repeat PR Assessment);
- Review of documents as part of pre-Grant signing and as part of Requests for Continued Funding (Phase 2 Assessments), in particular review of proposed Performance Frameworks and Work Plans and Budgets and with emphasis on the relevance of proposed indicators and activities and the reasonableness of proposed targets;
- Review of close-out documents such as Close-Out Workplan and Budgets and Grant Closure Reports, with emphasis on relevance of proposed activities and on monitoring of the implementation of approved activities;
- Design, implement and report programmatic spot-checks; and
- Ad hoc tasks requested by the Global Fund, such as verification of training events, meetings, supervision visits, etc.
- Any other tasks as requested by the PwC LFA Team Leader for Nigeria.
Links / Supervision:
- The Junior Public Health and M&E Expert will work in PwC Nigeria in Abuja office, with regular visits to the field (provinces, districts, health facilities and villages).
The Junior Public Health and M&E Expert will work:
- Under close / day-to-day supervision of the PwC Public Health and M&E Expert;
- Under the management of the PwC LFA Team Leader as far technical matters are concerned; and
- Under the overall management of the PwC Partner.
The Junior Public Health and M&E Expert will work as a member of the PwC LFA Team and will interact with the other team members.
- Degree in Public Health
- Three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of a public health project / programme
- Good knowledge of the health sector in Nigeria
- Good command of English and good computer skills
- Good communication skills and commitment to teamwork.
Although knowledge of and previous experience with Global Fund will be considered as an advantage, PwC will need to ensure the absence of any conflict of interest.
- Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2021.