Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Sourcing Associate
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Sourcing Associate will be responsible for the inventory management of our controlled e-commerce grocery supply and our dark store supply.
- He will be working with the commercial teams to ensure correct inventory levels at all times – creating POs, matching inventory to demand, working with the supplier to adjust PO, working with Jumia Services to inbound stock in a timely manner.
- Making sure POs are raised and sent to the suppliers in due time with the right quantities.
- Following up on stock received, inbounded.
- Contributing to the automation of our replenishment processes (automatic PO, etc).
- Ensuring there is a steady flow between our main warehouse and our dark stores.
- Anticipating the needed supply based on sales history, seasons and upcoming campaigns.
- Monitoring and analyzing current inventory based on key inventory management KPIs.
- Developing action plans in coordination with the sales team to optimize stocks.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- % availability in JE for Ecom next day
- % availability in Jumia Dark stores.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a reputable Nigerian university.
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel. Knowledge of other tools i.e. PBI etc. is an advantage
- Exceptional team working skills and people management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a consumer goods or retail environment.
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online