|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist
Location: OSS, Anambra, Nigeria
Required Services: Consultancy to Provide Key Population Services
Duration: 42 Days with Possibility of extension
Commencement Date: 03rd Nov, 2021
Proposed Dates: Between 3rd Nov – 31st Dec, 2021 (excluding Public Holidays)
Supervisor: STO – KP/CBO
- FHI 360 will provide both facility-based and community-based comprehensive HIV services to KP through integrated community-based one stop shop clinics (OSS) and key population friendly health facilities (KPFHS)- faith-based, private, and public. The OSS clinic model is a type of community-based differentiated ART service delivery model for KP. The KPFHF is aimed at sustainability and ownership of KP care through provision of ART services to KP in a conventional healthcare.
- The OSS will have full continuum of staff (Front Desk Officer, Clinician, Pharmacist, Triage Nurse, Laboratory Scientist, Adherence Counsellor, Psychologist and Data entry clerk, case managers, janitor, and security personnel).
- The OSS will be a Safe haven to members of the key populations community as it will provide non-biased, non-stigmatizing and nonjudgmental friendly services to the designated populations. The OSS will be opened to members of the populations for all 5 working days of the week from 8:00am to 5:00pm on daily basis. However, there will be context specific service provision utilizing extended hours of service provision to address the need of clients who may not be disposed to visit the OSS during working hours or working days as arrangements can be made to visit at weekends based on discussions with the service providers at the facility.
The specific objectives of the KP intervention include:
- To create a supportive environment for key populations and foster community empowerment by providing a venue for relaxation, recreation, peer support, income generation and other activities to address underlying social factors such as SGBV and social marginalization.
- To provide health education and promote safer behaviors (including safer sex and safe injection) to reduce the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV and STIs.
- To provide an integrated package of HIV/STI/RH services tailored to the needs of the KP clients through ‘friendly’ service providers who are sensitized and trained to serve KP.
- To serve as a distribution point for condoms, lubricants and needles/syringes and other key commodities to reduce HIV transmission.
- To build the capacity of KP CBOs to implement comprehensive HIV prevention and health promotion interventions.
- The main responsibility will be to provide Laboratory services to members of the Key populations and their partners at One-Stop-Shop (OSS).
Area 1: Provide laboratory and point-of-care diagnostic services in support of HTS and ART for Key Populations:
- Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support provision of the continuum of HIV treatment services.
- Preparing Dried Tube Specimen (DTS) panels for IQC and EQA (Proficiency testing) to support HTS on the project.
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Preparing specimens and samples
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment
- Maintaining personal expertise in clinical laboratory practice and innovative technology and equipment
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked with relevant consumables.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks within and around the laboratory.
Area 2: Oversight and Supervision of Laboratory Services:
- Working with the project team to develop and implement quality assurance systems to improve the quality of diagnostics and facilitate treatment and monitoring of HIV.
- Supporting the development of project work plans and budgets to incorporate the procurement of equipment and supplies for laboratory services.
- Supporting the use of emerging and appropriate technology for cost-effective service delivery
- Supporting the design and implementation of innovative strategies for delivering needs-based training and mentoring for clinic staff in relevant areas
- Supporting implementation and monitoring of biosafety and biosecurity in clinical service delivery, including the development of SOPs, guidelines and job aids.
Area 3: Data Management and Reporting:
- Produce computerized records to interpret and archive laboratory results to be presented to clinic staff and project team for informed decision making.
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to support research (qualitative and quantitative) surveys on service delivery outcomes for HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the PR/SR on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
Area 4: Other Assignments:
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote laboratory services for the project.
- Participate in Laboratory Technical Working Groups and represent the project at relevant fora.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by the Clinical Supervisor, PR/SR.
- AMLSC with at least 5 years of progressive experience with a GF or PEPFAR supported laboratories.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application to: GF_Advert@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Members of Key populations are strongly advised to apply.