Coca-Cola HBC (Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company) is a bottling partner of The Coca-Cola Company. Coca-Cola HBC is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and has a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange and secondary listing on the Athens Exchange. The Coca-Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company and operates in more than 200 countries.
Life at Coca-Cola HBC is fast-paced and challenging, with fair rewards and exciting learning opportunities. We promote an inclusive workplace, value diverse views and opinions and always appoint the best person for the job, ensuring equality in our shortlists and appointments. Take up the challenge. Join us!
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Requisition ID: req30289
Location: Owerri, Imo
About the Job
- The Laboratory Technician role comprises supporting Brand protection and food safety through implementation and assurance of compliance to all company specified standards. To support plant packaging and raw material management program.
- To ensure that all beverage tests: brix, carbonation, taste, appearance, date code, crown crimp, torque, residual ozone, m- alkalinity, total chlorine, residual chlorine, turbidity, hardness, total dissolved solids, drop test, fill height, and net content are correctly performed and at the right frequency as stated in the sop / work aid / work instruction and meet TCCC requirements.
- To ensure that all bottling equipment are inspected before and during bottling operations and management informed of any malfunction in light on the negative impact on product quality.
- To ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken in cases where out of specification results are obtained.
- To monitor the performance and ensure the operational validation of ASEBI at required frequencies and corrective action taken if any abnormalities.
- Monitoring of all identified CCPS and OPRPS in the work area and alert immediately supervisor when critical limits are exceeded.
- Ensure the compliance to good manufacturing practice, food safety practice, good environmental, occupational health, and safety practices in all line activities, achieve water use ratio, solid waste ratio, energy use ratio and solid waste recycled targets, zero lost time work related injuries.
- To ensure that all laboratory test reagents are available, properly labeled and fit for use.
Education / Experience
- Minimum of HND or BSc in Applied or any related Sciences.
- Technical dexterity
- Trade test certificates
- At least 6 months experience within a food/ drinks production environment.
- Computer literacy
Do you have these skills?
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work 3-shift pattern.
- Work unsupervised within a team environment.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Understanding of electronic and computerized equipment in laboratories
- Problem solving ability.
- Previous experience of Quality risk analysis/management.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online