The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Reporting to: STBLCP / GMU
Duration of Contract: 24 months (January 2022 to December 2023)
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain x-ray images of the patients through the process of radiographic imaging.
- Carry out Chest x-rays on the mobile x-ray vans and on facility x-ray machines.
- Liaise with the Site supervisor and field team on site to ensure smooth workflow and maximize system efficiency throughout chest x-ray screening activities.
- Ensure all adequate safety measure are taken to avoid any undue exposure to radiation
- Ensure proper handling and use of x-ray equipment, and related software
- Ensure all individuals (coming in for an x-ray) are managed, prepared and guided adequately
- Ensure that data (such as patient IDs, demographics, CAD scores etc.) is entered into the system
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start up and shut down protocols are followed.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography.
- License of Practice by Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria
- Good computer skills, including familiar and comfortable with using MS Excel.
- Attention to details.
- Flexibility across a range of field and office related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- Two years’ work experience in any radiography field.
- A license according to the state laws.
- Experience in radiography programs
- Familiarity with GF Program implementation/NGO experience.
- Accuracy and efficiency are prime qualities demanded by this profile. Besides, the applicants are expected to hold good knowledge about radiographic terminology.
Application Closing Date
6:00 pm, 18th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The expected candidate is expected to resume by January, 2022.