|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead React Native Engineer, P2P
About Our Tech Stack
- Fullstack Typescript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github Unit testing with Jest/Mocha.
- React Native – Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook
- Node.js – service-based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting
- Our Mobile Product teams are building the flagship Chipper Cash product as well as entirely new products that the fintech ecosystem has never seen before.
- You’ll work cross functionally with various designers, product owners & engineers to build and deliver exceptional user experiences and products for our 4+ million Chipper users.
About the Role
- At Chipper we’re looking for an exceptional Staff Engineer who can help us create a world-class payment application.
- You’ll be using your detailed knowledge of development in React Native to lead the technical roadmap & development of the mobile app with the goal of improving user experience, design and performance.
- You’ll bring domain knowledge of the fintech industry whilst demonstrating an affinity for our user’s needs in Africa.
- You will own one of Chipper’s core products – Borderless Money which includes person to person payment & deposits/withdrawals while also supporting others in the mobile guild to build technically excellent solutions.
- A key part of this role is to partner with the team to lead and own the architectural vision of building products at Chipper while working closely with the Engineering Manager of the Mobile Guild to drive the long term technical vision and direction of the team.
- Our key values are centered around being bold and taking initiative to make things better when things are out of place.
- This role is pivotal in helping us to uphold these values through how we drive our engineers to work with our existing codebases and build world class features for our customers.
- At Chipper we have a comprehensive IC track and this role is expected to operate at a senior+ level. You will be supported by the Engineering Manager of mobile products and therefore have no people management responsibilities – however it’s great if you’ve done this part before.
- Expect to spend 70% of your time on technical issues and supporting the team and 30% on process improvements whether technical or people related.
What You Will Be Doing
- Join a team of geographically distributed engineers who own Mobile Product with the goal of shipping the most reliable & engaging mobile app in our industry.
- Be a technical leader within the Mobile Product team to help define and shape and push the boundaries of mobile at Chipper.
- Own the technical implementation and roadmap for the Mobile Product team & support our product squads in defending theirs. e.g. engage thoughtly on PR reviews from the team.
- Work within the Borderless Money – Person to Person squad to build and drive the development of features within this domain.
- Build, test and ship customer facing features & products using tools and frameworks like React Native, Typescript, ES6, Node, and Redux.
- Enhance our reputation as a trusted payments brand by managing ways of measuring reliability, performance, and observability.
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and human-centered UX.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and safety regulations.
- Relentlessly pursue and demonstrate best in class engineering standards.
- Expect to be available from 2pm – 5.30pm UK time for meetings and collaborating with the mobile team.
What You Should Have
- A passion for building fintech applications whether it be following industry news, building your own payment wallet or an avid user of new banking applications, or previous experience in the fintech industry.
- A desire to push the boundaries on what can be achieved with React Native & Typescript.
- 5+ years of experience building large scale commercial web or mobile applications using React/React Native.
- Experience in driving large, potentially cross organizational, engineering projects to success.
- Experience in CI/CD best practices to deliver software frequently and reliably.
- An ability to collaborate with designers, product owners, and other Chipper teams to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving our users’ problems.
- Understanding and appreciation of development tooling.
- Empathy for building performant experiences for folks with low end devices, low storage space and slow internet connections, with ideas on how we can monitor and continuously improve this experience.
- A true passion for user experience, as evidenced by an obsessive user focus, as well as an ability to render complexity down to its truest essence.
- You are a champion for the customer and constantly put yourself in the shoes of your users, and strive to create an intuitive and delightful experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
- We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.