E (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Specialist 1 Operational EHS – Services and Projects
Ref No: R3587178
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Description Summary
- Roles will typically be aligned to specific businesses or sectors. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project (including construction), or have a role that requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers.
- This category will include those EHS professionals involved in designing for EHS” (NPI), individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects (generally not managing teams of EHS professionals or regions).
- Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
- The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Individuals who provide day-to-day EHS support for service activities and projects and currently tend to report into a specific sector or P&L and cover this sector or P&L only.
- They are equivalent to plant level EHS professionals and provide immediate, direct support to field service employees that work at customer sites.
- Their jobs include things like training, inspections, customer interaction around planning and job execution. They are the first line contact for the field service engineers as they manage day to day EHS issues in service work. They typically do not have any direct reports.
- Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Advanced experience in the Environmental Health & Safety & Services and Projects.
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online