|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited – As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer
Planned Start Date: 18 / 07 / 2022.
- Support to provide analysis on legal and policy issues
- Support in co-ordinating the writing and updating of processes, procedures and other guides relating to operations
- Review contracts, legal related documents, internal policies and ensure they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Support to manage the Institution’s charged off loans and non- performing assets
- Provide legal counsel to recover outstanding debts from defaulting Customers.
- Conduct research into variety of legal issues.
- Examine and report newly published laws, acts and regulations and ascertaining how these affect the institution’s business
- Perfecting of legal documentation.
- Support in recommending operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Keep abreast with all government legislations and CBN policies that may affect operations and present opinion/advise on same
- Provide support for all Law Enforcement related matters when required to do so
- Support to develop comprehensive reports on matters that are to be instituted in Court.
- Support to create necessary awareness on regulatory and supervisory provisions, circulars, directive and legislations affecting the bank’s operation and objectives
- Support to collaborate with HR department to provide periodic trainings for staff on Regulatory compliance.
- Follow up on approved recommendations of CBN, NDIC etc.
- Ensure full compliance of monthly reporting to regulatory bodies CBN, NDIC, EFCC, Credit bureaux.
- Prepare evaluation report on compliance to the management on monthly basis
- Education level: Degree in Law and a relevant Professional certification is an advantage.
- Specific training required:
- Training on Company products and services.
- Work experience required (domain and number of years):
- Must have a minimum of Four (4) years post call legal experience out of which minimum of twelve (12) months in a fnancial institution.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online