Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client, a Real Estate and Property Management Company located in Lagos is currently recruiting experienced candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The General Manager
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice to Management on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the following principles: instil and foster a culture of legal compliance, advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the company, build relationships with external legal advisors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and tender documents
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements of the country.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Identify local needs and develop efficient resource smart solutions including developing network of outside counsel and pro-bono relationships
- Formulate legal compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the senior management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with the company’s policy.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Law Degree, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/contract administration and labour laws.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent command of English.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.