|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistician (Field Operations)
Job ID: 2208477
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
Description of Duties
During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified, based upon the technical needs of the Programme:
- Coordinate with OSL team and Health Operations for the physical set-up of the Health facilities supported by WHO and support to related mobile/ ambulatory health activities.
- Supervise the “field support team” consisting of the rotating “zonal logistics and procurement assistant” and a “construction logistic assistant”.
- Coordinate as necessary with the Supply Logistics team and storekeepers.
- Monitor and assure the required stockpiles of essential “Incident Management Team” (IMT) equipment, e.g. personal deployment material, radios, satellite telephones, IT equipment, etc., and in coordination with the OSL storekeeper (Supply).
- Support and assist, as requested, the WHO Maiduguri fleet officer.
- In close cooperation with the Field Security Officer, ensure that appropriated and safe living condition are provided to the WHO deployed staff and responders.
- Assure the proper monitoring, functioning and maintenance of the WHO office and guest house.
- Support the MoH for the proper monitoring, functioning and maintenance of the State Public Health EoC.
- Ensure that water and sanitation in the office and accommodation are up to acceptable standards.
- Undertake field visits as requested to support OSL, and the other IMT programs.
- Communicate well, and report regularly to the OSL Lead via a weekly sitrep (every Friday), listing key achievements, key problems/constraints, and planning for next week.
- Work with the OSL team to creatively solve problems for the IMT, and within the specified emergency SoPs.
- Perform any other related duties in support of the operations of the IMT, as required by the functional supervisor.
- Essential: First University Degree, preferably in one of the following: Public or Business Administration; Logistic / Supply Management; Logistics; Engineering, Engineering from an accredited/recognized institute. Exceptional field logistic experience and work references may be considered in lieu of University Degree
- Desirable: Professional certification/qualification in areas such as mechanics, electrics, plumbing, construction, distribution and supply chain management. Degree or training in information management systems (ICT) and their application to logistic, transport or supply management and monitoring
- Essential: At least two (2) years’ related logistic experience, at the national and international levels, in managing teams for emergency logistics operations and supply operations in international organizations/institutions, part of which in the field supporting emergency humanitarian operations
- Desirable: Prior working experience with international nongovernmental organization (INGOs), WHO/UN, health clusters partners, recognized humanitarian organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge logistics management in emergency context, with proven ability to identify and solve technical problems in difficult circumstances.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure and collaboratively in a team.
- Proven ability to promote cohesive action and convince officials with tact and diplomacy
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN19,956,269 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2022 (10:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.