Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation
Reports to: Team Leader and Output 4 Lead Programme Plane (Partnership For Learning For All In Nigerian)
Duration: 7 years
- The M&E Manager will work closely with the technical focus of Output 4 to help define and set indicators, and
- lead on data collection and analysis. H/She will also be responsible for the traditional programmatic M&E functions – the designing of log frames, and the tracking and reporting that is typically entailed. It will require quality assurance and the aggregation of data and information from the place level teams. Other responsibilities include;
- Lead on development and/or refinement of the MEL framework and plan, including theory of change, log frame – indicators, milestones and targets – monitoring plan and data sources;
- Monitor on an ongoing basis programme performance and results; providing regular updates to programme senior management including information on areas where the programme is underperforming; Leading on high quality data collection, collation and analysis;
- Build the capacity of MEL and Programme staff and partners to ensure high quality data on programme progress for external and internal reporting and learning;
- Contribute to quarterly reporting on the progress and performance of the programme;
- Ensuring knowledge generated is shared and lessons learnt institutionalised, in conjunction with the programme’s Communications Team;
- Contribute to engagement with stakeholders, DFID and FCO, as appropriate.
- Follow project management practices that are in compliance with DAI and DFID contractual rules and regulations, with the support of the Operations and Finance Team.
- Supervise, manage, lead and oversee long-term and short-term technical assistance as required relating to MEL.
- Provide leadership in order to motivate the MEL team to deliver a successful programme.
- Ensure quality of the programme delivery through mentoring the MEL team and providing feedback on their performance as well as areas for improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, designing and implementing robust M&E and Knowledge
- Management systems and strategies, preferably within the education sector.
- Extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative methods, including design, analysis and
- interpretation of results, applied to development programmes
- Experience in developing practical guidance and tools for effective programme monitoring and reporting
- Previous experience designing and implementing knowledge management systems to identify, analyse, document and disseminate lessons learned
- Experience of managing and implementing M&E strategies for DFID-funded programmes, particularly providing consulting services to public and private sector clients, including providing technical assistance, institutional and capacity building support
- Previous experience of conducting and commissioning research
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
- More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com