Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Product Management – Mastercard Cross Border Services, West Africa
Ref No: R-125877
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible.
- Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential.
- Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences.
- We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
- The SSA Market team is looking for a Manager, to cover the West Africa sub-region.
- The candidate will be part of the “Mastercard Cross Border Services” sales team and will demonstrate the initiative and ownership as an individual contributor, raise the bar and challenge the boundaries to corner new payment flows using Mastercard Cross Border Services product.
- In the last couple of years, Mastercard has developed products in the cross-border payments space, “Mastercard Cross Border Services” products.
- In West Africa, we have established partnerships with several entities active in the cross-border payments. We are looking to scale those partnerships and to establish more.
- The candidate will ensure that “Mastercard Cross Border Services” products strategy is implemented in close alignment to market objectives and deliver commercial product launches and success
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Meet the volume and scale objectives for Mastercard Cross Border Services in West Africa cluster by shaping and aligning the product to the go-to-market strategy
- Partner with global and regional product teams to understand product capabilities, provide inputs to ensure market needs are addressed, synergize with other initiatives and ensure ongoing coordination for smooth operation of the product in market
- Lead client engagements to communicate product strategy, innovation, business building strategies and ensuring sign ups
- Engage Marketing, Communications and other colleagues to support the successful launch of products and ensure optimum visibility and utilization of budgets and investments on the product
- Coordinating (at internal and customer level) the end-to-end implementation of the service with new customers: due diligence process, contract and commercial negotiations, financial set-up, service roll-out….
- Managing complex analyses using data from multiple sources in order to build strategic intelligence for both Mastercard and customers.
- Supporting and developing strong internal relationships within Mastercard to enable all team members to achieve their business goals and differentiate “Mastercard Cross Border Services” products from the competition.
Qualifications and Experience
- Several years of experience in remittances with banks or other financial institutions
- A keen understanding of bilateral agreements / correspondent banking for B2B and P2P payments is a definite plus
- Exposure to mobile money/card payment industry is desirable
- Experience in managing a product from conception to scale is desirable
- Lagos based candidates preferred with relevant market experience and vintage
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong product and problem-solving acumen
- Proven sales, negotiation, communication skills
- Team player, comfortable working in a large matrix organization, willing to lead, build consensus and determined to get things done in time
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where rapid or sudden changes are not unusual
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is a plus
- Based in Lagos, but willing to travel across West Africa region.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online