|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Risk Officer
Location: Head Office, Nigeria
- Measurement, monitoring and controlling of the market risks to which the Group is exposed.
- Implement consistent Market Risk Management policies and procedures across the Group.
- Minimize Position and Trading Losses.
- Achieve high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Scan financial markets for relevant data to positions held by the bank, both financial and regulatory.
- Collect internal data for the head office and subsidiaries through the Bank’s operating systems.
- Data collection from various market intelligence reports that impact the Bank’s position.
- Collect bank data to identify the Bank’s market positions.
- Collect market data with reference to the various positions in order to be able to make comparisons.
- Prepare daily reports which show the position of the Bank, highlighting areas of concern and areas requiring improvement.
- Monitor set limits for compliance for the bank.
- Circulate reports to concerned parties and escalation of issues where the need arises.
- Prepare other Market Risk Reports.
- Prepare revaluation report for both the Held for Trading and Available for Sale portfolio of the Bank.
- Prepare Value-at-Risk Reports for the bank.
- Prepare Sensitivity Analysis for Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange portfolios – bank.
- Monitor deals consummated by treasury.
- Prepare Derivatives Valuation Report for the bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of GALCO Reports – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Group Risk Management Report – bank.
- Provide support in the preparation of Market Risk Snapshots for the Chairman – bank.
- Provide support in the Preparation of Board Reports – bank.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of accounting, and banking operations functions and be highly numerate. Must be analytical with good oral and written communication, and have good database management skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge & Skill Required:
- Basic accounting
- Understand banking operations
- Good grasp of balance sheet mapping
- Above-average database management abilities.
- Highly numerate.
What We Expect From You
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online