PepsiCo – In 1965, Donald Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, and Herman Lay, the CEO of Frito-Lay, recognized what they called “a marriage made in heaven,” a single company delivering perfectly-salty snacks served alongside the best cola on earth. Their vision led to what quickly became one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies: PepsiCo. Our company is made up of seven divisions: PepsiCo Beverages North America; Frito-Lay North America; Quaker Foods North America; Latin America; Europe; Africa, Middle East and South Asia; and Asia Pacific, Australia/New Zealand and China. Each of these divisions has its own unique history and way of doing business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Associate Manager
Job ID: 132559
- Perform as a strategic partner in developing LT Category Insight & Strategy. Provide support at all levels (strategic, creative, analytical, coordination) to assist the Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks in the definition of PSP.
- Develop AOP portfolio direction for Nigeria Foods from Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM
- Interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation. Solutions must be relevant within the Nigeria market
- Lead partnership with local creative agencies, with inputs from Distributor Teams to design & develop market relevant, impactful integrated marketing plans brand activation programs which deliver grains & snacks growth.
- Lead diverse projects and multiple work streams and be familiar with the issues driving innovation, innovation tools and techniques
- Create and maintain the brand information systems and Brand KPIs scorecard, in partnership with Consumer Insights, analyse information and propose action plans to the Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM.
- Set out clear market and brand KPI’s for each innovation, concepts in partnership with Consumer Insights
- Identify and evaluate ideas in between AOP and PSP cycle plans that are not in plan to maximise competitive advantage
- Design and maintain a knowledge management and asset repository of the brand: facts, ideas, strategies, documents, advertising etc.
- Plan and administer the Nigeria Foods budget, control the A&M W / NW ratios and effectiveness and efficiency scorecard and proposes actions to the Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM
- Responsible for implementing the Global Brand book & standards and monitor compliance against these (brand stewardship), in both advertising and packaging /brand graphics.
- Be an active mover of identifying winning brand activation ideas within Nigeria market and propose lift & adapt initiatives.
- Own marketing calendars for Nigeria, identify opportunities and synergies in design and execution of the plans
- Has visibility of all packaging design work in Nigeria and elevates to Senior Marketing Manager: Grains, Foods & Snacks and Country GM potential issues
- Lead and direct different cross-functional projects of varied sizes and types concurrently, consisting of marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, Finance, Purchasing and external partners
- Coordinate all cross-functional activities, represent consumers internally and collaborate with leaders in varied areas on allocation across projects and resource planning.
- Align functional team and LT to get buy-in & commitment in order to deliver business objectives
- Lead & coordinate multiple agency partners in order to deliver on set brand objectives
Key Skills / Experience Required:
- Marketing / Business Tertiary qualification (Degree) as minimum
- Previous FMCG marketing experience (8 years minimum within marketing management)
- Proven track record of successfully managing Brand engagement programs & achieving sustainable in-market results and long-term brand equity growth
- Strong functional Marketing experience with track record of delivering successful Integrated Marketing Communication programs and delivering AOP’s that deliver brand growth
- Strong strategic thinking and creative skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong prior experience in any of the Nigeria Foods categories i.e breakfast, bread or sausage roll
- Excellent collaboration & influencing skills in order to navigate a cross-functional, cross-geographical matrix to champion Nigeria Foods agenda in WECA
- Strong evidence of ability to set the agenda & navigate around complex challenges to in order to deliver results
- Balancing competing priorities
- Effectiveness in filtering through & identifying the best ideas to pursue
- Ideally knowledge & experience of Food categories (e.g breakfast, snacking, bread or sausage roll)
- Strong understanding of local Nigeria perspective
- Ability to work in matrix structure.
- Strong functional experience including:
- Excellent skills in uncovering insights that drive strategies for growth
- Creative processes & development of Integrated Marketing Communications
- Ability to create impactful & cost effective marketing support programs
- Management of Creative & Marketing Distributor teams
- Digital Marketing and Digital partnerships
- Experience of creating & launching Marketing integrated programs with high impact in the marketplace, particularly in Nigeria market
- Experience in developing strong innovation programs and best practices
- Experience in developing strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders (internal & external.
- Passion for Marketing & Communications
- Ability to both envision the future & create compelling vision for the Brand
- Strong creative judgement and ability to assess what ideas can travel across markets
- Resilience to deal with the inevitable knock-backs that occur in WECA
- Agility in finding solutions in line with continuous market changes.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online