Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Facilitator, Advanced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Part-time
Scope of the Training
- To be able to comprehend the essential concepts, purposes, components, and ethical standards that apply to MEAL. The student may identify the important components of a MEAL system, such as the primary types of logic models, indicators, and measurement methods, throughout the designing and planning process.
- The major components of a stakeholder analysis, the many avenues for community participation and input, as well as common coordination structures to MEAL are all remembered by participants. Participants will be able to select acceptable data collection methods, sample methodologies, and data management systems while collecting MEAL data.
- The participants will also be able to identify the major benefits and drawbacks.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The task of the National Consultant will be to:
- To train the participant on key concepts, component, purpose, ethical standard and operations of MEAL.
- To train the participants on the important component of a MEAL system such as primary types of logic models, indicators and measurement methods, throughout the designing and planning process.
- To train the participant on the major components of a stakeholder analysis, the many avenues for community participant and input as well as common coordination structures to MEAL.
- To train the participants on how to select acceptable qualitative and quantitative data collection method, sample methodologies and data management systems while collecting MEAL data.
- To train the participants on how to develop Research/ survey methodology, sample size and data collection.
- To train the participant on accountability, feedback and complaint mechanism, process and procedure.
The expected outputs are:
- Inception report
- M&E system developed Monitoring and Information System manual developed.
- M&E training manual produced
- Training report Designed and developed evaluation forms.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- At least 5 years of professional experience in M&E
- Experience in development of M&E/MIS systems for projects related to forest management, natural resources management, health related projects,
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing M&E/MIS systems with similar projects
involving multiple partner institutions;
- Experience with gender-sensitive programming.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency and competency in Participatory Health Appraisal
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience and skills in training and transfer of knowledge.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive / detailed Profile, indicating their competencies and experiences on similar projects to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “MEAL Training” as the subject line.
Note: You are not expected to submit your proposals. However, the successful candidates would be sent ‘Terms of Reference’ requesting for proposals.