Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed, or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations, and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection, and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment, or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are always followed and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing, and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Clinical diagnosis and correct prescription of treatment to patients in Diphtheria Treatment Unit (DTU).
- Ensure the correct application of treatments guidelines and close follow up all patients.
- Clinical examination/treatment and follow up of all patients in isolation centre by ensuring proper follow up the diphtheria treatment protocol.
- Follow up prescribed medical treatment, adapting and modifying according to needs including the administration of DAT.
- Proper documentation of new diagnosis or finding, act performed or prescribed concisely on the patient’s file.
- Performs ward round and admission during his/her shift.
- Ensure a proper handover to next duty staff to ensure quality of care.
- Identification of severe and complicated cases and ensuring prompt referral of such cases.
- Complete the referral form at referral to other facility and make a summary at discharge.
- Works in collaborate with all health staff and non-medical staff to provide quality of care.
- Contributes to statistics (daily/weekly) and mortality and morbidity report and data analysis.
- Informs line manager if any problems linked to work.
- Participates in the team meetings for exchanging information.
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by your supervisor.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their enclosed Application Letter, CV, Qualifications, valid License and any other important document, and a cover letter with their contact details, by email, with the subject “Medical Doctor” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply online