|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife Activity Manager
Employment Type: Contract
Contract term: Contract under ALIMA law, 6 months
Desired start date: As soon as possible
- In Nigeria, ALIMA is running four health, nutrition and mental health psychosocial service projects in Borno State (Maiduguri/Jere), Yobe state (Karasuwa/Yusufari), Research and Lassa fever response in Ondo State, OWO. Also, Nutrition and health in Katsina state, KAITA.
- ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represent about 25 expatriates and more than 150 national staff.
- This position will take place in Maiduguri and can support Yobe project if nedded
Mission & Objectives
- Define, implement and follow-up all midwife supervisors and maternity related activities in a project area, according to MOH/ALIMA policies, analyzing statistics and reports and ensuring the proper implementation of protocols and management of staff involved, in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
- Manages staff involved in the midwife and maternity related activities.
- Cultivate the relationship with the MoH stakeholders in order to implement efficiently and ensure the goals as well as to improve targeted population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation.
Tasks & Responsabilities
- Participate in the definition and update of semi/annual project planning and budget in order to keep control of the ALIMA activities and projects while adapting the humanitarian assistance given to the population according to the changing conditions and context.
- Plan, organize and ensure the implementation and supervision in close collaboration with other medical staff all Sexual and reproductive health activities, i.e. antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC), neonatal and management of victims of sexual violence, female genital mutilation and reproductive tract infections and Fistula care.
- Coordinate and assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women to receive further medical evaluation, in order to manage efficiently the resources needed for delivering MCH care while keeping good quality levels.
- Ensures that all pregnant women and new born children are referred to the Extended Program on Immunization (EPI).
- Assist and collaborate with the midwife supervisor, field doctor and midwife when required (normal or complicated deliveries, SV cases, etc.), to complement the existing human resources and contributing to the resolution of complicated cases.
- Ensures the newborn babies are followed up correctly since delivery and until discharge. Ensures relevant transfer of information from one duty team to another.
- Ensure and supervise the implementation of protocols (ALIMA/MOH) by all staff he/she is in charge of, in order to improve the quality of the healthcare given to population and prevent any infection due to staff malpractices.
- Participate in the Identification of logistic needs in the ANC, PNC, Delivery, FP and SGBV and report in your line manager.
- Ensure that hygiene and universal precautions in health facilities according to protocols and in cooperation with logistics department and your line manager.
- Supervises and ensures good quality of Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) activities for all pregnant women.
- Supervises and ensures that counselling services are done appropriately following protocols.
- Implement SGBV program in all Bemonc if not exist and ensure that all SGBV victim receive the medical treatment according to protocols (ALIMA/MOH) and also receive mental health support.
- Ensure or Implement a CHIPS (TBA) network in different Ward to reduce home deliveries and train them according to the objective of the project.
- Ensures that all midwife and maternity staff promotes and maintains confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records.
- Implement Hotline management for better management of deliveries
Data Collection and Analysis:
- Ensures that recording in individual patient’s card and registration books of all midwifery activities are performed correctly.
- Ensures that all data management tools are used and are updated properly
- Supervise administrative procedures and documents, analyze routine data for monitoring purposes, be responsible for the reporting of SRH activities (collection and analysis of med statistics), in the monthly reports according to guidelines, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-making.
- Ensure that ‘Mama or dignity or delivery kit’ is available and distribute according to objective of the project.
Management of Drugs and Medical Equipment:
- Ensure and supervise the proper distribution of drugs and use of material, keeping track of consumption patterns and supply orders, and monitoring inventories, together with the project logistician, as well as train midwife and maternity staff on these matters, in order to ensure having minimum levels of stock to carry out the project and a rational and appropriate use of material resources.
- Ensure the monitoring and supervision are done weekly and monthly for consumption of drugs as well as inventories in cooperation with pharmacist ensuring that drug consumptions match number of patients and prescriptions.
Human Resources Management:
- Plan and supervise the processes associated to HR and team management (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.) of the midwife and maternity staff in the project, in order the appropriate team size, capabilities and skills, and enhance the health promotion and disease prevention when providing basic health education to patients.
- Participate with medical referent in processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Organizes with your line supervisor, Doctor and maternity MOH supervisor and implements trainings of midwife and maternity staff.
- Informs line manager of any problems that might be linked to work of midwife or maternity staff as well as problematic equipment or material (ex. broken, missing).
Meetings and Others:
- Participates in the epidemiological reports related to SRH/SGBV in the project area.
- Participates in meetings with other supervisors in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Participate in team meetings (SGBV, SRH ….)
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the head of the Medical Department or medical referent or Project Coordinator.
Experience and Skills
- Essential Midwifery Degree
- Registered Midwife
- Essential 5 years’ experience in midwifery practice and maternity management in hospital
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable
- Advanced knowledge in midwifery management
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Training skills
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Ability to work in close collaboration with MOH staff
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset like Hausa, Kanori
- Based in Borno State is an asset.
National Grid Salary.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV & Cover Letter on the same page in PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Submit in person at:
ALIMA’s Office at Abuja or Maiduguri or Gashuwa.
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early.