|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Migration Health Nurse
CFCV No. : SVN2021.75
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organizational Unit: Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief Migration Health officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Migration Health Nurse, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Abuja, Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in performing routine clinical tasks required by the Migration Health Physicians (MHPs) during Migration Health Assessments, in particular: taking and recording medical history, performing anthropometrics, visual acuity and vital signs measurements.
- Compiling medical records, files, charts, X-ray films, decoded laboratory results prior to physical examination for doctor’s use.
- Authenticate the identity of refugee / migrant, as maybe requested, prior to clinical or radiology examinations or sputum collection.
- Assist the MHPs or Duty Nurse as instructed during actual physical examinations.
- Prepare, install, or sterilize medical equipment needed for medical examination.
- Assist in requesting and re-stocking required medical supplies and drugs and medicines.
- To administer vaccinations in accordance with CDC Guidelines with respect to clients age, site of vaccination and needle size.
- Record and report all vaccines adverse events.
- Keep register of applicants being investigated for TB.
- Liaise with the laboratory, receive results of sputum smears in a timely manner, register the results and inform the National Migration Health Physician on the arrival of the results.
- Support the IPC Focal Point/ Nurse in ensuring that infection prevention and control procedures are addressed in all areas of the MHAC and reflected throughout all activities related to Health Assessment Process
- Assist in encoding data on spreadsheet, compiling monthly statistical reports as required and ensure appropriate filing system for all reports and records
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of migration and health by reading relevant IOM and external publications.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree / Diploma in Clinical Nursing or a combination of relevant training, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with four years of relevant working experience.
- Applicant must be registered by the Nursing Council in Nigeria and have a valid practicing license
- Certificates in Basic life support, ATLS/ACLS are an asset.
- Working experience in clinical nursing preferably in a medical facility or International NGO, UN Organizations,
- Previous work experience with migration health assessments is an advantage.
- Training and experience in TB, STDs, other communicable diseases, and migration health is desirable.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) and experience in working with databases and online applications.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Willing to accept flexible work schedule.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information PDF
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.75 Abuja, Nigeria. Migration Health Nurse G4, Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC).
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.