Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mill Operator – Cereal Plant
Location: Jos, Plateau
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 11
Reports To: Shift Supervisor – Cereal Plant
Purpose of Job
- Works with the Rollerman to ensure optimal running of plant machineries (Rollermills, De-germinators, Plansifters etc.), arranging of sieves in the plansifter, adjustment of degerminators, regular inspection of plant machineries, to ensure all equipment are in proper condition when operational.
- Ensure milled Product meets the desired specification.
- Ensure the correct sieves are set in the Plansifters to deliver the product specification
- Proper setting of Degerminators and monitoring their performance.
- Monitoring of Purifiers and cleaning of clogged sieves when required.
- Regular inspection of operational equipment to ensure they are in good condition.
- Ensure efficient operation of plant and equipment.
- Perform routine operation maintenance of Plansifters, Jet filters, Purifiers, Rollermills, e.t.c.
- Report any identified anomaly to the Shift Supervisor.
- Support technical maintenance.
- Regular inspection of machine drives.
- Maintain quality assurance to ensure product quality and consistency.
- Set and monitor Degerminators to perform optimally.
- Ensure correct handling of products at various stages of manufacturing.
- Always ensure good housekeeping of plant.
- Perform routine cleaning and sanitation of plant and equipment.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensures health, safety and welfare of employees are assured so that organizational objectives can be optimally met.
- Participate in safety and 5S audits and follow through on closeout of action points.
- Ensure working conditions are safe for operations.
- Report unsafe conditions, near miss and unsafe acts and encourage others to do same using the Safety Observation Cards, and inform the Supervisor.
- Ensure that departmental organization has the continuous availability of sufficient motivated and well-trained personnel.
- Train and guide new employees and OSPs in your team on the Job.
- Challenge team members to perform at their peak.
- Maintain internal communication.
- Ensure that breakdowns are promptly arrested to promote the achievement of targets.
- Ensure that Production line efficiencies are maintained.
- Ensure set targets of Key Performance Indicators are met (Overall Equipment Effectiveness, Volume, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Minimum of OND in Engineering or Sciences.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Teamwork/Team Player
- Good written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail; quality consciousness
- Safety consciousness
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online