Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MIS / Innovations Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- The MIS/Innovations Officer is responsible for supporting MIS application development and deployment of Idmibok International and its affiliates’ computer software.
- S/he should possess excellent software engineering skills with experience in web development and optimization, data visualization, and database systems design.
- S/he will also conceptualize and develop graphic materials including infographics and data visualization, presentations, online publications, one-pagers, reports, and other communication materials as needed.
- Support in the development and deployment of organizational systems, including custom developed, standard, and/or hosted solutions.
- Troubleshoot software malfunctions, maintaining existing programs and make appropriate modifications based on changes in program implementation, equipment, personnel and/or errors in existing programs.
- Advise and execute MIS efforts, including developing and designing mobile apps, communication tools, drafting proposal shell using adobe suite and all business and communication materials.
- Contribute to the design, management, and implementation of all country office MIS projects.
- Support web design, development, and management including regularly updating the website by adding resources, events, pages, announcements, etc.
- Design content graphics and layout, including electronic newsletters, campaign graphics, infographics, fact sheets, and announcements.
- Support the New Business team with graphic design on the technical proposals and other relevant materials.
- Explore and develop spatial solutions using the full range of ArcGIS applications, maintaining complex geographic datasets, and performing regular GIS updates, editing and analysis.
- Provide continued IT support to all staff with ensuring software and antivirus updates are current, managing and administering user accounts, etc.
- Support workshop and meeting audio-video technology.
- Contribute to definition of standards, best practices, and maintenance of applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or a related course; Advanced Degree is an advantage.
- 4 years of experience in providing technical support in a complex organization.
- Knowledge and development experience of data integration services preferably Azure data factory or similar data orchestration & integration services in the cloud.
- Proven expertise in Graphics Design using with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentations.
- Practical experience in web design, development, and management.
- Familiarity with database technologies and web hosting tools.
- Familiarity with common web and social tools (e.g., Google Analytics, social platform analytics).
- Expertise in Microsoft operating systems and applications: 7, 10; Office 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.