First Excelsia Professional Services Limited – Our client, an innovative research and development company with trendsetting products in the education and health sector, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Engineer (Android & iOS)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Mobile Engineer(Android & iOS) to grow the business in line with the company’s overall strategy of driving more customers and more user cases backed with a superlative learning experience.
- The primary activities of the role will be to help push mobile technologies to the limits, develop applications for devices powered by the Android and iOS operating system, pay special attention to the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android&iOS and device types.
- The ideal role holder will be an Android & iOS app developer who will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- They must also have a strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android&iOS and device types.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- BSc / MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android and iOS app development and have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience with Android & iOS SDK
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of sockets.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Mobile Engineer” as the subject of the mail.