Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II.
In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant will contribute to the implementation of MEAL activities in the field through supporting Project/Field Officers, partner staffs and Community Facilitators/Mobilisers in data collection, consolidation and quality management and undertake M&E related activities and implementation of an appropriate monitoring and evaluation system for successful delivery and attainment of project goals and objectives.
- She/he will also be in charge of implementing the accountability strategy in Monguno, as well as strengthen capacity-building and capitalization through the development and the implementation of learning tools and process.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- M&E: she/he will participate in implementing some M&E field-related activities;
- Accountability: she/he will participate in implementing all accountability-related activities;
- Learning: she/he will participate in implementing learning-related activities
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
Implementation of the Accountability Strategy:
- Establish a complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM) based on the highest levels of integrity which beneficiaries will trust and ensures that they can make confidential complaints and be confident of the response processes.
- Monitor complaints received and response (follow-up) processes through developing and maintaining a tracking mechanism.
- Ensure that feedback is routinely recorded, reviewed and responded timely in line with feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Be the first point of contact for beneficiary, staff and stakeholder complaints.
- Maintain and update the CFM database; and provide timely update to project staff based on the nature of feedback.
- Analyze patterns and trends in complaints to help improve programming.
- Generate periodic reports and share with project teams and the MEAL department.
- Conduct periodic field visit to ensure that accountability systems are in place and the necessary support is provided as needed.
- Participate in internal and external meetings related to humanitarian accountability.
Implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan:
- Assist the MEAL Officer to coordinate the collection, reporting and validation of monitoring data of project teams and ensure the data reported by Field Officers/Program Managers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner.
- Support in Ensuring that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all project and M&E activities.
- Ensure utilization by projects of appropriate data collection and reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
Internal and external reporting:
- Update MEAL Officer and Program Managers on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field, at the end of each day
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation process each day;
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to the MEAL Officer
- Pass on any information or problems to her/his direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning her/his task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Capitalization / institution knowledge building:
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars;
- Assist in training of beneficiaries, community leaders, community facilitators/mobilisers and Field staff on M&E if needed.
- Assist in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feed backing mechanism which can improve current project implementation and guide future programming.
- Support in identifying and formulating accountability findings, lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into planning and reporting efforts of PUI project activities.
Communication & Follow-up:
- Respond To Beneficiaries’ Queries With Good Knowledge Of Relevant Information When Approached;
- Respond To Any Requests Within PUI That Might Require An Alternative Communication Method Or Plan Of Action;
- Assist In Developing A Responsive, Functional And Appropriate Feed Backing Mechanism Which Can Improve Current Project Implementation And Guide Future Programming.
N.B: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Qualification and Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent in Kanuri, Hausa and English (speaking/reading/writing),
- Education Degree: At least a Degree or Diploma in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology, or a numeracy discipline.
- Work experience: At least two years similar experience in an international NGOs/On-site training in social or monitoring work,
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills/very good team spirit/Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities,
- Computer skills: Knowledge of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and a basic understanding of data analysis packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info etc.
- Strong motivation to work in the humanitarian sector
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Strong motivation for conflict resolution and diplomacy
- Strong motivation to analyze and suggest solutions
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is opened to Nigerian Nationals only.