|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning Officer
Job Type: Contract
- The Data, MEAL Officer will be a part of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team supporting implementation of the overall MEAL system.
- S/he will assist the MEAL and project team with activities, including data collection, data entry, database management and analysis, implementing post-distribution monitoring (PDM), evaluations and other surveys, monitoring project activities as well as support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability including managing the feedback mechanism channels and support all efforts to ensure learning and accountability systems are working effectively.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support in collecting data needed for reporting output and outcome indicators
- Support in conducting assessments as needed, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises
- Monitor activity implementation progress against objectives and work plans
- Support in conducting post-distribution monitoring with targeted beneficiaries of NFI/FI distributions and CVA including Multipurpose cash assistance.
Accountability & Compliance:
- Conduct community visits, focus group discussions with beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries to receive feedback on project activities
- Maintain the Complains and feedback received and ensure a timely and appropriate follow-up or referral if needed
- Clean and validate data received from beneficiaries for complaint and feedback database and generate weekly summaries
- Responsible for record keeping and maintaining MEAL team updated data
- Ensure that the data management systems (GBVIMS+) are updated on a monthly basis and properly managed
- Ensure timely sharing of GBVIMS+ line data on a monthly basis to the GBV sub sector interagency focal person.
- Conduct data analysis and provide inputs, information and statistics for monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports to the PM.
- Train & offer needed support to GBV staff to use GBVIMS+ correctly & effectively system and other MEAL concepts.
Programme Learning and Documentation:
- Work with the project team to ensure documentation of programme learning initiatives and outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, most significant change stories, etc.)
- Participate in the dissemination of learning to other team members to ensure that good practice is understood and adopted.
- Extract action points from field/ Activity reports and maintain and consolidate monthly action plan/feedback trackers.
- Support in archiving of programs documents at the field level.
- Conduct field monitoring visits/spot checks as appropriate
- Support project staff during training by ensuring pre and post-test are done for all trainings and documented
Programme / Projects Reporting:
- Contribute to the timely and quality compilation and submission of project periodical reports (Weekly, monthly, quarterly, Annual and special reports) to the project Manager.
- Assist in the preparation of the project’s operations plans/work plans & reviews.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities within the overall function of MEAL as and when requested.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Social Sciences.; or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Information management Sciences. Training in Monitoring and Evaluation and experience in Protection/GBV/CP will be an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential. Knowledge of local languages, Hausa & Kanuri
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor Begree in an area of Social Science or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in M&E with experience of developing M&E plans, training staff, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting and/or other aspects of M&E, preferably with experience in the sectors: Protection, GBV, Child Protection, Cash
- Experience in setting up and/or managing M&E systems, preferably in NGO setting
- Knowledge and/or experience of working on accountability initiatives, such as information sharing and complaints response mechanisms
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, Spread sheets and other Statistical software.
- Experience in working with protection information management systems such as GBVIMS, Primero
- Previous work experience in hardship areas or emergency setting
Skills and Competencies:
- Possess working knowledge and experience of humanitarian principles, laws and standards – Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere Minimum Standards, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation
- and Abuse (PSEA), Gender in Emergencies.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office suit applications and other statistical
- software – KOBO and ODK.
- Knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative social research methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills (English)
- Gender & Protection unit, MEAL staff, Maiduguri programs and Operations/support teams
- State and Local government authorities
- Other NGOs
- Implementing partner
- The position is based in Maiduguri and will pay regular visits to the different field project sites in Ngala in order to provide timely technical and programmatic M&E support to the project team.
- S/he will also work and coordinate activities with other M&E colleagues from State Line Ministries, other NGOs, partner organizations and sister CARE projects.
- It is essential that the M&E Officer maintains regular contact with the field to ensure proper impact measurement and program quality.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online