Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Job ID: 2100054K
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Post Type: National
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Health & Child Survival programmes including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program officers and government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State level Reporting:
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, data bases, etc.) to track Health and Child Survival projects
- In collaboration with MOH and relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Support the M&E Advisor to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the M&E Advisor in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites
Objective 2: Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the M&E Advisor to monitor Health and Child Survival projects at the intervention states and communicate provide findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in evaluation of Health and Child Survival projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the Health Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism:
- Support coordination of health projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Manage the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Work with state teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
Administrative and General Skills:
- 2-3 yrs previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience in Health System Strengthening programmes using the National HMIS software
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Fluency in English, Hausa spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.