TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill te position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Senior Coordinator
Requisition Number: MELSE002832
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Programs
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Travel: 30% Local
- The MEL Senior Coordinator will work with the project team to efficiently administrate the monitoring and evaluation system for PAYED project ensuring that it provides quality, timely, and precise information to evaluate the progress toward expected results established in the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- S/He will serve as the primary point of contact for data collection and aggregation that supports project reporting and will provide inputs to inform project decision-making.
- It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Program / Practice / Department Overview
- The PAYED Project supports youth owned micro-retail business owners in Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania in gaining business and financial management skills, foster business support and connections, optimize financial performance, improve store aesthetics, product ranges and display.
- The project duration will be for 1 year.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
Support MEL implementation for the project, including:
- Manage and execute a work plan for data capture and reporting against project performance indicators and emergent project information needs.
- Implement qualitative and quantitative methods to inform knowledge gaps.
- Participate in the data collection and management process from primary data source to final reporting, ensuring quality throughout
- Contribute to the design of forms, surveys, and indices as well as the data management system.
- Perform regular data quality assessments, data cleaning and preliminary data analysis. Share and discuss findings to help identify insights to inform project implementation strategy.
- Conduct field visits to understand the context and identify new areas of investigation
- Provide technical assistance and training to field staff on their role in performing data collection, analysis, review, and use.
Provide inputs to data-driven decision-making:
- Actively participate in a culture of reflection and data use.
- Provide primary inputs (qualitative and quantitative) for periodic reviews of the project’s logical framework.
- Support information flow across the implementation team and the sharing and analysis of new information.
- Actively engage with field staff on areas for course correction, serving as a collaborative and reflective source of information to inform project progress.
Participate in the broader M&E ecosystem at TechnoServe:
- Attend capacity building meetings and other relevant events related to MEL
- Support access and insight into the project’s M&E approach to facilitate the Regional MEL’s assessment of the project against organizational standards and annual impact reporting
- Provide inputs to lessons learned that are shared across the project and the broader TechnoServe community
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or other Social Science, Business Administration or relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in program management or implementing results-based MEL systems.
- Knowledge of SME sector, including market actors, characteristics, norms and institutions.
- Experience participating in the implementation of MEL methods and methodologies (such as qualitative, quantitative, and participatory methods).
- Knowledge of and capacity to learn data collection and analytical software (e.g. Commcare, Excel, or others).
- Fluency in English strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Written and oral communication skills and a capability to produce clear and concise reports.
- Strong skills in data management, analysis, and interpretation; ability to present data in simple and straightforward graphs and tables.
- Takes an inquisitive and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Time management skills.
- Inherent value and respect for voices of staff at all organizational levels, external stakeholders, and the women and men we work with.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits.
- Ability to work well independently, and function effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
- With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
- We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.