|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Requisition ID: 2021201796
Location: North West
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of MEL Specialist for an upcoming FCDO-funded opportunity in Northwest Nigeria. This position is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated four-year Programme will deliver support to communities to promote learning and inclusion of girls in Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa (KJJ) and policy at federal/national level as appropriate.
The programme will:
- Improve/build foundational skills of marginalised children (particularly girls) through community learning initiatives
- Reduce demand-side barriers to education to enable and improve learning for marginalised children (particularly for girls) by addressing social norms and harmful practices
- Increase the evidence base and rigorously assess the effectiveness of community and household level learning interventions.
- The MEL Specialist is responsible for establishing and managing the Programme’s overall M&E system, tracking and reporting progress towards targets, monitoring fidelity of implementation, and measuring programme effectiveness.
- He/she will collaborate with sub-grantees, technical backstops, and third party evaluators to collect, analyze, and interpret data and disseminate findings.
- He/she will collaborate with the program team and external evaluators to design research that supports learning and builds an evidence base for what works to improve access and learning for girls and marginalized children.
- As needed, the MEL specialist will collaborate with programme staff and stakeholders to pivot activities and monitoring to increase programme effectiveness.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design and implementation of all monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for FHI 360 and sub-grantees.
- Develops the MEL plan and research activities in coordination with the programme team and an external evaluation partner.
- Works closely with the programme team to design monitoring tools, select indicators, and plan and carry out monitoring activities.
- Ensures compatibility of monitoring tools with the MEL Plan as well as national and donor requirements.
- Trains programme staff on use of monitoring tools and data collection instruments as needed.
- Develops processes and guidance for collection, storage, management, and analysis of data to meet reporting requirements and support the Programme’s learning agenda.
- Develops and disseminates internal and external reports on programme activities.
- Builds the capacity of sub-grantee MEL teams as needed.
- Undertakes periodic reviews of M&E systems, and participates in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- Oversees the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned, and other program results to ministry counterparts, donors, program partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Education, Economics, or other relevant discipline;
- At least 8 years of MEL experience with at least five years (preferred) in the education sector;
- At least 3 three years of supervisory experience;
- Experience designing and implementing M&E systems for UK-funded Programmes;
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Ability to articulate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with program staff, sub-grantees, and local stakeholders;
- Proficiency with statistical software (e.g. Stata, SAS, SPSS, Power Bi, Atlas);
- Experience in the education sector in Northwest Nigeria or the region strongly preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This job details should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this job details at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.