|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Education Specialist is currently ongoing as job and career vacancy opens for interested and suitably qualified candidates. The Recruitment exercise is slated to close immediately the application deadline elapses.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Education Specialist
Job Title: Education Specialist
Job no: 540103
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Education, NO-3
Support to Programme Development and Planning:
- Support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the education programmes with a focus on non-formal education to ensure that current and comprehensive data on access to alternative learning and on education issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Assist Education Manager to set priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic programme discussion on the planning of education programmes. Formulate, design and prepare programme proposals for the sector, ensuring alignment with UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Programme and coherence/integration with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Establish specific goals, objectives, strategies and implementation plans for the sector using results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for programme review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and external partners to discuss strategies and methodologies, and to determine national priorities to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure integration, coherence and harmonization of programmes/projects with other UNICEF sectors and achievement of results as planned and allocated.
Programme Management, Monitoring and Delivery of Results:
- Plan and collaborate with internal colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector on education programmes.
- Collaborate with Government and local partners to establish community non-formal learning centers and support training and materials development for non-formal, integrated Qur’anic education (IQE) and accelerated education.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual reviews with the government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and weaknesses in programme management.
- Identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor programmes/projects through field visits and surveys, and exchange information with stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems, and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Monitor and verify the optimum and appropriate use of sectoral programme resources (financial, administrative and other assets) confirming compliance with organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity, ensuring timely reporting and liquidation of resources.
Technical and Operational Support to Programme Implementation:
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners and donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on education and related issues to support programme management, implementation and delivery of results.
- In collaboration with relevant specialists, provide technical leadership for training development, including revision of existing training resources for teachers and facilitators on ALP, whether to be delivered through the formal or non-formal education systems and settings.
- Arrange / coordinate availability of technical experts with Regional Office/HQ to ensure timely and appropriate support throughout the programming process.
- Participate in education programme meetings including programme development and contingency planning to provide technical and operational information and analysis, advice and support.
- Draft policy papers, briefs and other strategic programme materials for management use.
Networking and Partnership Building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national stakeholders, global partners, donors, and academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge / expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results on education programmes.
- Prepare communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and support fund raising for education programmes.
- Participate and/or represent UNICEF in appropriate inter-agency discussions on non-formal and IQE education and related issues to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership Framework (UNSDPF)planning and preparation of programmes / projects ensuring organizational position, interests and priorities are fully considered and integrated in the UNSDPF process in development planning and agenda setting.
- Conduct stakeholder discussions around Non-Formal Education policy, curriculum, materials and transfer to formal education.
Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building:
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best practices in education management. Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure optimum efficiency and efficacy of sustainable programmes and projects.
- Organize and implement capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders to promote sustainable results on education and related programmes/projects.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field .
- A minimum of five years of professional and progressive experience in education programme planning, management, and/or research is essential.
- Relevant experience in an I/NGO, UN system agency is considered as a strong asset.
- Experience working in developing countries and challenging environment is considered as an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and competencies including:
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Innovates and embraces change
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Manges ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
Click Here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
Application Closing Date
24th May 2021 – W. Central Africa Standard Time.
How to Apply for UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Education Specialist
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities.
- Qualified Female Candidates are especially encouraged
Other Latest Job Vacancies
Torilo Academy Recruitment 2021 May
Vivo Mobile Nigeria Recruitment 2021 May
Siemens Energy Recruitment 2021 May
British High Commission Recruitment 2021 May
PTK Consulting Limited Recruitment 2021 May
ENYO Retail & Supply Limited Recruitment 2021 May
U.S Embassy Recruitment 2021 May
Team Offshore Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Ascentech Services Limited REcruitment 2021 May
Workforce Group Recruitment 2021 May