JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (Caterpillar Inc., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Legrand, Ge Lighting, Kaeser Compressors, Thyssenkrupp), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network and Infrastructure Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist Group IT Manager in defining and documenting network policies, procedures, and controls.
- Oversee day-to-day network operations to facilitate uninterrupted business operations and improve infrastructure costs, performance, and end user satisfaction
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Monitor and ensure reliable and stable Internet connectivity across all branches
- Manage Routers, Switches, and other network devices.
- Administer network appliances like Firewalls, Proxy Servers, and UTMs
- Manage WAN, LAN (voice and data) networks
- Ensure system performance and SLA’s are met
- Ensure that configs remain intact, secure, and accessible in case of system crashes by conducting data backups.
- Recommend upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment.
- Provide technical oversight of a multi-site enterprise level WAN, including planning, expansion/implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Design, deploy, and administer the Wireless Infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Develop, revise, and review SOPs, qualification/validation protocols
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, cabling layouts, network problems and resolutions, and workflows for processes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities
- B.Sc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in Network and Infrastructure Administration.
- Systems Administration or System Engineer (MSCE) is required.
- CCNA Certification is a must / CCNP Certification is a plus.
- Experience in areas such as network architecture and administration, data center operations, database administration, and systems programming and administration
- Excellent knowledge of network infrastructure protocols and TCP/IP model
- Expert knowledge of Routing and Switching
- Good Vendor management skills
- Strong troubleshooting diagnostic and analytic skills, along with strong communication skills
- Flexible, able to be on call 24/7 in case of emergencies or network failures
- Strong attention to detail and customer-service orientation
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to set priorities
- Able to work under high levels of pressure while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong management and Leadership skills
- Ability to think logically and demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.