Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer – Premium Edible Product Limited
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Purpose of the Job
- To support in the treatment of medical conditions and promoting the health of staff to enhance the good health of the workforce in the organization.
- Manage the team for excellent service delivery and the day to day running of the clinic.
- Treat minor injuries caused by mechanical, chemical, biological, electrical accidents and administration of first aid treatment accordingly.
- Maintain hygienic and safe working environment in line with the medical standard of practice.
- Maintain a hygienic and safe working environment in line with the medical standard of practice.
- Provide necessary guidance on employee wellness, disease prevention and referral of major medical cases to hospitals with follow-up on their treatments. Maintain Food Safety Management System (FSMS) requirements in PEOPL and participate in its internal audit.
- Ensure all accident care are reported and forwarded to human resources management for employee compensation and record purposes.
- Maintaining a proper record of an accident that occurs daily, monthly, and annually for human resources use.
- Ensure completion of pre-employment medical examination and food handlers test with the designated diagnostic centre.
- Ensure monitoring of sick leave maximum of 2 days except for surgical, orthopaedic cases, medical emergencies, etc.
- Monitor (Bi-monthly) and ensure HMO and retainer-ship hospital services and bills are in line with medical service required and rendered.
- Liaise with the HRM and HSE team to carry out a routine on-the-Job risk assessment on staff in the factory premise and present report to HR Department, HSE.
- Ensure site first aid boxes are refilled through health safety environment department.
- Drive and manage employee wellness through weekly factory visits and health education for prompt and proper care.
- Understand the company’s food safety policy, its objective, and the benefits of an improved food safety management system.
- Be aware of identified food safety risks, opportunities, and consequences inherent in the departmental/work processes concerning FSMS requirements and where applicable;
- Report problems with regard to the food safety management system to the food safety Team/Leader or any other person specified via appropriate identification within the factory.
- B.Sc Nursing, Registered Nursing Certificate
- Occupational Health Nursing Certificate (R.O.H.N)
- Member of Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria is an added advantage
- 5 O’ Level Credits including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
The Person Must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have an eye for details and have excellent supervisory skills.
- Possess good analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good collaboration with multiple functions.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online