|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant – Maternity Cover
Location: Gwoza, Borno State
Contract Duration: 4 Months
- Nutrition assistant is responsible to ensure that the BSFP activities is functioning properly, providing quality care to all targeted beneficiaries, respecting protocols and principles of good practice.
Dimensions of the Role
- Nutrition assistant will assist in the implementation of Nutrition activities including BSFP activities in LGA. Responsibility for ensuring compliance with organizational and statutory policies and laws on People and Culture legality matters, and he/she also has responsibility to ensure compliance of the design and implementation of emergency/recovery and resilience focused nutrition responses in line with applicable government policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Plan and organise BSFP at designated distribution sites in liaison with project coordinator:
- Work with LGA officials to ensure all aspects of the programme are understood and agreements signed by all partner bodies
- Ensure the collection of all relevant background information on the area has been amassed prior to project implementation
- Complete order forms for logistics for both materials and estimated medicine & food requirements for each site in advance, and confirm transport schedule
- Conduct screening in targeted areas to collect total beneficiary figures and confirm/amend log’s requests as necessary.
- Schedule the distribution plan with the LGA and Wards administrative and health officials
- Work with the community mobilizers, ensure engagement of community leaders, key community figures, community groups and traditional healers / TBAs.
- Work with community mobilizers to improve their ability to recognize signs of malnutrition, provide appropriate education to beneficiaries to help prevent Micro Nutrient deficiency, on Optimal IYCF and refer individuals as appropriate
- Teach community mobilizers how to disseminate key education messages within their communities and propagate messaging through other community channels
- Ensure appropriate referrals take place to and from other MoH supported CMAM sites
- Ensure cases not meeting admission criteria understand why their child is not admitted
- Supervise the activities of the SFP team at the distribution points
- Ensure all SFP team members are familiar with their posts
- Re-define team composition as necessary – either during distributions (to avoid bottle-necks) or after discussion during team meetings
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened for malnutrition correctly
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the various components of CMAM programme
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and treatment according to the agreed protocols
- Monitor supplementary feeding rations and ensure they are distributed fairly and equally between beneficiaries
- Review the forms completed by staff to ensure completion, accuracy and coherence
- Undertake individual evaluations with the team
- Ensure adequate availability of supplementary food supplies for each distribution, input in to creation and maintenance of a monthly distribution plan and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned with project coordinator and logistics team
- Submit weekly reports including tally forms for the SFP statistics for each site
- Report any progress and any problems in a timely manner
- Through liaison with the community mobilizers, provide effective follow up of all cases – particularly:
- Ensure the prompt tracing of children who are absent from the programme
- Request specific children to be followed up as required (newly enrolled children, sick children, children not gaining weight, children with social problems etc.).
- Liaise with the community mobilisers to ensure comprehensive community outreach and mobilisation, health education and treatment. Check that all messages to carers, community groups, leaders and authorities are consistent and fully understood.
- Respect the dignity of the beneficiaries, carers and members of the community
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a discipline such as Human Nutrition, Food Science, Nursing, Public Health or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 2 years, including managing BSFP & Nutrition projects.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply
- Managing UNWFP-funded projects is preferable.
- Experience in working “In-kind Distributions” projects is preferable.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities.
Application Closing Date
14h August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online