|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Hearty Helping Hand initiatives is a humanitarian non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in Nigeria, Borno state Maiduguri and has been in operation since 2021 as Rescues Aid Initiatives before its official registration with CAC on 25th April 2022 as Hearty Helping Hand Initiative. Hearty Helping Hand Initiative work with the aim of to support, protects and dignify the living condition of the displaced and venerable while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling their potentials and effectively respond to the needs of crisis-affected communities. we focus in the sector WASH, Food security and livelihood, CCCM/Shelter/NFI, Protection, Nutrition, Education and Psych-social support in the area of operation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer (Volunteer)
- The Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the emergency nutrition programming which includes; Integrated outreach models i.e. CMAM and IYCF done by running of selective feeding program, nutrition surveillance & assessments.
- She will be responsible for managing emergency nutrition responses, working with community health volunteers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- The Nutrition CMAM/IYCF Support officer will be based in Maiduguri and She will provide support for efficient and smooth implementation of nutrition CMAM/IYCF and social and behavioral change activities.
- She will also support the implementation and sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM/IYCF with support from Ministry of Health, community leaders and other key stakeholders at local government level.
- The CMAM/IYCF Support officer will support the state team in conducting rapid/detailed assessment of infant and young child feeding practices in mothers/care givers at mobile clinics.
- She will support the state team in providing personalized IYCF counseling sessions to pregnant women for the preparation of breastfeeding and colostrum feeding and all mothers with children under 24 months.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under-fives on a quarterly basis in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Document’s findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up of beneficiaries and share.
- Prepare and submit program reports, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness per the responsibility areas.
- Documents lessons learned in specific technical areas.
- Have a minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Nutrition or Community Based Program with similar experience in humanitarian contexts (conflict/insecure contexts) as well as CMAM, IYCF and community mobilization.
- 1 year work experience.
- Be proficient in statistics and other software (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Have excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Be proficient in local languages (Kanuri and Hausa).
- Have the capacity to be flexible and supervise and coach health workers.
- Have the ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition) preferably.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online