HR-EX Consulting partners with small businesses looking for affordable HR professional advisory and services. In practice, we operate as an outsourced HR department, providing professional HR services to small businesses at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time HR Staff.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oncology Pharmacist
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Oncology Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring safety in the compounding and dispensing of chemotherapy, maintaining an adequate supply of medications, minimizing drug waste, minimizing unnecessary exposure to hazardous drugs, and managing cost and reimbursement for cancer drugs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out pharmacy activities, chemo-mixing room with optimum performance.
- Lead, manage and deliver the specialist pharmacy service of oncology.
- Screening & verifying Chemotherapy regimens/prescriptions as well as dispensing, checking, & releasing these chemotherapy prescriptions.
- Deliver outstanding pharmaceutical care to meet the patient’s needs.
- Provide support to consultants and patients whilst also advising the hospital and other departments on the safe management, appropriate and cost-effective management of medicines, and ensuring compliance with current legislation and professional standards.
- Contribute to the development of the pharmacy service and medicine management improvements across the hospital striving to achieve outstanding.
- Be flexible in your role to meet the demands of the pharmacy service.
- Promote a multidisciplinary, patient-focused approach to the delivery of an efficient, high-quality healthcare service.
- Focus on patent satisfaction and needs, ensuring that patients are provided world-class customer service through the use ft best practices and company operating procedures.
- Ensure all work processes are performed efficiently and effectively at each work station by prioritizing workload and organizing workflow.
- Ensure optimum pharmaceutical care at all times.
- Maintains proper pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards, including department cleanliness.
- Maintains all PCN-based record-keeping for legend drugs and controlled substances.
- Adheres to company dress code standards and the professional appearance of the pharmacy.
- Participate at the Hospitals quality improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role required.
- Current license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Mentoring ability.
- Leadership/ Managerial skills.
- Able to work in stressful situations; and possesses well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Patient-focused approach.
- Good counseling and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.