Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations / Support Engineer (Dev Ops)
- The Support Engineer participates in technical research and development to enable continuous improvement/innovation within the ERS environment.
- The Support Engineer ensures the ERS software systems, hardware systems and related processes/procedures adhere to organizational values.
- The Support Engineer assists project teams with technical inputs and issues during the Initiation, Planning and Execution phases of the project life-cycle. These activities include R & D within the project life-cycle, technical analysis, implementing, testing and rolling out the ERS solutions.
- The Support Engineer participates in the smooth software transition between the development phase and production operation.
- The Support Engineer is accountable for the following systems: Azure, AWS platforms, Active Directory, Infrastructure Platforms, ERP, Linux, Redhat
Implementation and Provisioning:
- Install new / upgrade existing ERS servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services settings, storage. Networks, databases, etc in accordance with standards and projects/operations requirements.
- Conduct integrations with Subsidiary’s platforms
- Maintain and improve installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to maintaining systems standards.
- Research and recommend innovatively and when possible automated approaches for Systems deployment.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems, reviewing application logs, verifying completion of daily jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backups and regular archiving and purging if necessary.
- Perform Level II, III support per requests from various stakeholders. Investigate and troubleshoot incidents reported.
- Repair and recover from application failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
- Apply patches and upgrades in accordance with Change Management processes in place.
- Maintain configurations, monitoring tools, capacity planning tools, and other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance audits and reporting to improve capacity planning.
- Perform continuous performance tuning and optimizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technical major (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics).
- 5 to 10 years of experience in administering production systems.
- System Administration / System Engineering Certification in Unix / Linux/ AWS/Azure.
- Microsoft Azure Administration, SQL and MySQL (or Redis), script (.NET, JSON, PHP, XAML), Release Management, and DevOps.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Problem Solving / Decision Making – The position deals with a variety of problems and the SE should be able to decide which solution is the best.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Responsibility for training if necessary and knowledge sharing within the work unit.
- Experience in Cloud services like AWS & Azure
- Communications / interpersonal – ability to interpret and discuss information with others, involving terminologies and concepts that are not familiar to all.
- Knowledge of AWS services and extensive experience deploying dev, staging and production workloads.
- Strong hands-on experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps is required.
- Experience in working on a Linux production platform, running Web Services (Nginx, Apache, etc)
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Linux Systems or Windows
- Fundamentals (CentOS, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012)
- Strong experience in scripting with one of the following languages: Python, Bash etc
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers) as well as System Administration
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems, including impact assessment
- Experience in working with local and remote teams to resolve large scale production issues and escalation to the right level
- Skills in identifying recurring issues to design and implement automatic response
- Strong experience with either automation frameworks Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc) and/or monitoring tools (Nagios, Centreon, Graphite, Kibana etc) or configuration management
- Experience working with large scale deployments in cloud or hybrid environments
- Proficiency with incident management.
- Very Attractive.
Application Closing Date
3 pm Monday: 11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date will be automatically rejected.