|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Output 1 Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Team Lead, the Output 1 Lead will provide technical and management leadership on all Output 1 activities, including materials development and distribution; in-service and pre-service training; school leadership and community support, and monitoring and evaluation.
- The Output 1 lead will be responsible for coordinating with DAI, subcontractors, government stakeholders, and project staff to ensure high-quality and timely deliverables.
- The Output 1 Lead will also provide information to the donor upon request.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with FHI 360, the project prime, and stakeholders on project design and work plan development; lead annual work planning for Output 1 of the project
- Coordinate with the Education Coordinator, MEL coordinator, State Team Leads, and other key staff to assure timely completion of deliverables in the annual work plan
- Oversee administrative and finance staff to develop and monitor the budget and work plan for Output 1
- Communicate regularly with FHI 360 HQ for technical inputs and management support; provide updates to HQ as requested
- Liaise with project sub-contractors on their project components, and maintain their accountability for timely, high-quality deliverables
- Provide consisted reports to the prime organization and the donor, as requested
- Maintain strong relationships with government partners at the local, state and federal levels.
- Conduct one-on-one meetings, project updates, study tours, symposia, and other activities with key stakeholders to ensure broad involvement and local ownership of the project.
- Coordinate the establishment of technical working groups with local stakeholders and project staff
- Oversee staff and stakeholders to improve capacity, accountability and equity within State Colleges of Education in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa
- Oversee project staff and stakeholders to strengthen the system for in-service training in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa.
- Oversee staff and stakeholders to strengthen school leadership via School Based Management Committees and Head Teacher capacity building. Oversee the establishment of school report cards as a mechanism for school accountability and reporting.
- Oversee staff and stakeholders to establish systems for improving teacher attendance and time on task.
- Oversee staff and stakeholders to mobilize communities to increase demand for quality education.
- Oversee staff and stakeholders to develop standardized learning assessments at the school level
- Oversee staff and stakeholders to effectively collect, aggregate, visualize and use assessment data for decision making.
Minimum Requirement Standards
- Advanced Degree in Education with a concentration in Early Grade Reading, Literacy, Language Acquisition and Non-formal Education or related field. At least 5 to 7 years experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in language acquisition and/or child literacy or reading especially in Hausa Language. certification as reading/literacy specialist preferred
- Demonstrated project leadership skills. Experience leading education projects in Nigeria strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and school settings
- Proven expertise in mother tongue (L1), early grade reading instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in developing and producing of student reading materials, workbooks, trainers’ and teachers’ guides and instructional materials to improve early grades reading
- Has ability to coordinate reading interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills, experience in working with teachers to improve practice
- Demonstrable knowledge of research-based best practices in content-area reading skills and strategies and literacy instruction
- Experience / preparation in modeling teaching, observing teachers, and providing non-judgmental feedback.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of reading & literacy programs in Nigeria.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding formative learning processes.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationship with staff and other partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in terms of reporting.
- Relevant computer software and internet skills (at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office and Excel).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and Hausa language.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria minimum of 50%.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online