|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partner, Corporate Communications
The Work at the Foundation
- The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways.
- The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
- As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being.
- Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation.
- The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
- The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation.
- While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
Understanding Africa Programs at the Foundation
- We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst.
- Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
- The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment.
- Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
- We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
- If you are an experienced Corporate Communications professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
- Reporting to the Lead, Corporate Communications, the Partner, Corporate Communications will manage the Foundation’s brand and reputation and support the development of a coherent brand story with corresponding design vocabulary.
- In this role, you will be responsible for managing the editorial pipeline for all enterprise and signature research and publications.
- This position also contributes to the development of a dissemination strategy to build awareness of the Foundation’s work and impact across the Foundation and with relevant external stakeholders, including media.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Support the development and implementation of the enterprise brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, narrative, and value proposition to support short- and long-term objectives.
- Ensure compliance of new brand architecture framework with internal and external audiences.
- Work with Public Affairs and Communications team to identify brand awareness opportunities.
- Work closely with Lead, Corporate Communications and in-country Leads, Program Communications and Legal & Compliance to ensure alignment on branding of external implementing partner programs and materials (e.g., naming of initiatives, microsites, toolkits, etc.).
- Support content gathering and asset management working closely with Program Communications (Canada and Africa) and Policy & Thought Leadership teams to ensure brand narrative and storytelling alignment across the organization.
- Support implementation and management of new measurement framework across the Public Affairs and Communications (PAC) team.
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations (e.g., copyright and data protection).
- Work with the Lead, Corporate Communications to develop and implement enterprise campaigns and storytelling opportunities to enhance profile of the Foundation in countries in which we work.
- Support integrated campaigns to elevate brand/Foundation awareness.
- Support launch of our Canada Programs, EleV, by working closely with Partner, Public Affairs and Communications Canada.
- Update and produce content to promote brand awareness, as required (e.g., brand video).
- Manage editorial pipeline, including design, production, and dissemination of signature and enterprise publications, reports, briefs, etc. (e.g., Youth Think Tank Report, Youth Voices, etc.) and work in close collaboration with other departments such as Research, Impact, Policy & Thought Leadership, Country Program Communications, etc.
- Support testing plans, brand, and content research, and contribute to metrics reports where required.
- Support biennial IPSOS reputation audit and preparation of summary report.
- Update PAC Brand site on Intranet, as necessary.
- Work with relevant vendors, including photographers, videographers, writers, editors, translators, graphic designers, etc.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or other relevant certification.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in content communications, journalism, and/or public relations.
- Experience with content strategy required.
- Project management for web and print materials required.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Excellent knowledge of content and social media best practices.
- Understanding of measurement metrics.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in communicating complex information in a clear way required.
- Experience in knowledge management is an asset.
- Experience developing video, graphic design, and editorial is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Proven ability to multitask and work to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- You are self-motivated and detail-oriented individual.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online