|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting highly-motivated individuals to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Patient Support
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Medical Affairs
Reports to: Clinical Lead
- Provide clinical and emotional support for patients referred/requesting genetics counselling
- Provide educational information for patients relevant to services offered at 54gene
- Keep up to date with the literature and relevant information in relation to services offered
- Participate in training programmes relevant to job description
- Supporting role for marketing diagnostics services to potential clients where needed.
- B.Sc in Psychology or MBBS
- Additional training in counseling advantageous.
- Candidates must be willing to join a dynamic environment, willing to learn quickly, and have a strong clinical background.
- Candidates will be required to be flexible and possess excellent communication skills.
- Prior professional experience in an academic and/or life science setting
- At least 3 years of post graduate work experience in related fields.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Confidentiality – Maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality. Comply with all HIPAA regulations.
- Adequate clinical knowledge and application of diagnostics in disease areas such as oncology, fertility, prenatal screening.
- Clinical application and interpretation of microbiology and clinical chemistry tests
- Basic knowledge of genomics
- Ability to communicate efficiently, with empathy, in a non-judgemental manner and quickly adapt style of communication to suit situation
- Ability to cope with emotional situations in a calm manner
- Computer Skills – Proficient ability to use a computer
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Clear and flexible verbal, written and telephonic communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, versatile, adaptable and take initiative
- Ability to successfully collaborate cross-functionally with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of medical office principles, standards, applications and tests offered at 7RL
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and medical equipment in lab.
- Willingness to travel if required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.