|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In February 2014, the IRC moved into Adamawa State in NE Nigeria to provide humanitarian interventions through a multi-sectoral, integrated approach for conflict affected populations. IRC Nigeria now operates a country office in Abuja and field offices in Mubi and Yola of Adamawa State, Maiduguri, Monguno and Gwoza of Borno state and Damatru of Yobe State. Currently, IRC Nigeria implements programs primary health care, nutrition, environmental health, women’s protection and empowerment, protection, child protection, education, food security & livelihoods.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Requisition ID: req20249
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Regular
Job Overview / Summary
- The Pharmacy technician is responsible for quality, management and dispensing of medicines and medical material in Stadium IDP Camp and in the area as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- S/he reports directly to the Facility Medical Doctor in charge of the facility (line supervisor) and to the Pharmacy Officer as a technical reference.
Effective Stock Management, Medical Supplies and Analysis:
- In close collaboration with the facility in charge and Senior Pharmacy Manager, develops stock levels alert (based on an average monthly consumption (AMC) and morbidity data); Gathers stock indicators, analyze them, observe consumption trend, and discuss with the Senior Health Officer/Senior Pharmacy Manager to avoid stock-outs at the health facility and the financial losses generated by expired items.
- Liaise between the pharmacy officer and the WH team for prompt requisition and delivery of drugs/other medical supplies. Inform clinician, and midwife about drug availability in the warehouse.
- Regularly monitor the quality of product in storage at the health facilities and report any concern to the Pharmacy Officer
- Support the Area office and facility’s pharmacy to maintain permanently good housekeeping of the IRC pharma supplies (checking of temperature and hygiene).
- Dispense medicines and/or medical supplies to patients, as prescribed by the clinician. Also provide patients and their caregivers with adequate information on drug usage, possible side effects and additional advice as appropriate and in adherence to MoH protocols.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by participating in continuous medical education program with the IRC health team and promote rational drug use by the clinician when inconsistencies of prescriptions are noted in view of patient safety and compliance.
- Keep daily records of drug consumption and submit weekly reports.
- Compile weekly drug consumptions for the health facility and report that the Pharmacy officer for compilation
- Conduct monthly physical inventory of his drug store and share with the facility in charge and the Pharmacy officer
- Report short expiries to the Pharmacy officer and facility in charge and advice facility staff on the need for consumption or redistribution to other facilities before expiry
Key Working Relationships
- Position reports to: Facility Medical Doctor
- Position indirectly supervises: none
- Indirect Reporting: Pharmacy Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Health (Clinical Outreach Staff, Doctors, Midwives, Health/Rep Health Managers Pharmacy Manager) and other sectors (WPE, M&E, Governance, Finance, Supply Chain
- External: Other partners- NGO’s, MOH etc.
- Certificate or Diploma in Pharmacy Technology and at least 2 years working experience in the relevant humanitarian setting is preferred.
- Experience in dispensing and patient counselling in humanitarian setting is highly recommended.
- Must be registered with relevant licensing bodies and allowed to practice in Nigeria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- NGO work experience is an advantage.
- Should be able to use Microsoft Office especially MS-Word, Excel
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken); Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Additional qualities: team worker, be flexible, and adaptability to transitions.
Strength / Skills:
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others, strong sense of personal integrity.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook). Competency in database and gps and asset
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive Monthly salary.
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family.
- Annual earned leave days.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online