|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Eden Solutions and Resources Limited – Our client, a leading School in Umuahia, Abia State, is recruiting a highly experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physical Science HOD / Teacher
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to recruit an innovative, energetic Physical Science HOD/Teacher to join our school in Umuahia.
- The ideal candidate’s responsibilities include preparing stimulating lessons, identifying and analyzing student needs, strengths, and weaknesses, overseeing experiments, as well as setting and grading assessments.
- You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, respond well to criticism, and thrive under pressure.
- To teach classes as allocated by the Principal and Vice Principal Academics, having due regard to the aims and policies of the school, current schemes of work, the syllabus and the National Curriculum.
- To share in the corporate responsibility for the pastoral care, well-being and discipline of all pupils at School with reference to the school’s commitment to Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies.
- To take an active part in the extra-curricular life of the school and its pupils.
- Lead members of the Department, offering help and guidance when necessary, encouraging their ongoing training and development, and monitoring the teaching of Mathematics within the school; set an example to staff within the department regarding standards of teaching, organisation and offer support to others.
- Encourage all pupils in their learning and enjoyment of Physical Science
- Inspire gifted pupils by entering them for appropriate challenges and competitions, and by running an enrichment Club.
- Manage the Departmental budget effectively, and ensure that the Department is appropriately resourced.
- Ensure that a relevant scheme of work and Departmental Handbook are maintained and reviewed regularly and that Departmental policy is implemented; write and distribute syllabus summaries and check the planning of departmental staff.
- Ensure that half-termly plans are produced and are stored on the staff shared drive of the school’s computer network.
- Lead Departmental planning through the adoption of the school’s self-review, evaluation and developmental planning schemes; annually review and produce (in consultation with Departmental staff) a one-year development plan, which sets targets for the department.
- Hold at least one full Departmental Meeting per month, submitting minutes of the meeting to the Vice Principal Academics and the Principal.
- Attend the regular meetings of Heads of Departments and Academic staff, ensuring effective communication from and to departmental staff, as necessary.
- Monitor assessment and the recording of attainment. Use the assessment procedure within the whole department to monitor the progress, attainment and effort of pupils as they move up through the school.
- Set mid-year and end of year examinations relevant to the year groups for which responsibility lies; write alternative papers for less able or more able pupils, as required.
- Organise the ability setting of pupils for Physical Science through liaison with the subject teachers and the Vice Principal Academics.
- Ensure that high quality classroom displays are in place and updated.
- Ensure that the teaching and learning in the department benefits from proactive use of the School’s ICT facilities, in liaison with the Head of ICT.
- Administer an online tutor programme when necessary.
- Arrange work for absent departmental staff when none has been set.
- Ensure that departmental members of staff are aware of all health and safety risks in their work area.
- Monitor teaching standards and the delivery of the curriculum within the department, carrying out lesson observations as required. (Cover is available to enable this to take place, as well as guidance as to how to conduct the session).
- Advise the Principal and the senior management team on current developments within your subject.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Experience of teaching Physical Science across the junior and secondary school age range.
- Masters Degree in Education or related discipline.
- TRCN certification
- Prior experience of leading and managing a department.
- Evidence of recent professional development.
- A sound level of competence in ICT
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Excellent communicator with parents, pupils and colleagues.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- A hard-working team player with an eagerness to participate fully in the life of a busy boarding school
- An effective and successful teacher with firm discipline, high personal standards and high expectations of pupils, along with a sense of humour.
- An ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children.
Competitive and higher than industry rates.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.