|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Principal Solution Engineer – Licence Technology
Reference No.: 21000VOE
Job: Pre Sales
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Technology Solution Architect – Pre-sales Engineer:
- Oracle Solution Architects bridge the gap between business and technology speaking the value language of business and technology C‐level individuals. They combine a deep understanding of technology, applications, industry best practices, business processes and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
- The role is predominately a PreSales role, an intrinsic part of the Sales team and have a single focus on positioning Oracle’s Solutions at the heart of the largest Transformation projects. Common customer opportunities and projects will include but are not limited to data consolidation, big data initiatives, business integration and customer experience management.
- Good commercial sense is a key requirement, as we aim to grow our presence, presenting our solution should always reflect the immediate and long term benefit for our customers.
- A pro-active attitude and a bias for action are key characteristics that we are looking for.
- As a solution architect pre-sales consultant you have the chance to develop in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge.
- Successful a solution architect pre-sales consultants are in high demand and have the opportunity to pursue a career path both in pre-sales and in many different IT and non-IT functions.
- Provide support as Solution Architect to multiple sales teams and lines of business (both proactive and reactive) to identify the best Oracle solution for their customer’s business needs and to position Oracle’s Technology & Cloud Strategy and Solutions as key differentiator in sales cycles;
- Engage with customers by translating their business needs into appropriate Oracle solutions;
- Present and articulate features and benefits of Oracle technology solution to business and technical customers;
- Create and deliver presentations, customized demonstrations, seminars and workshops to customers and partners, as well as public events;
- Setting up and leading diverse teams (local / remote, technical / non-technical profiles), in order to address high-profile sales engagements from a pre-sales point of view
- Design, plan and deliver Solution Demonstrations, Proofs of Concept and Benchmarks.
- Become the technical solution expert for a designated solution area;
- Contribute technical responses for Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposal (RFP);
- Define infrastructure architectures and solution proposals, using Value Selling techniques;
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to up sell based on solutions insight;
- Keep abreast of all new products, market trends, future directions and the competition for areas of focus;
- Maintain up to date, relevant knowledge of competitive solutions and winning strategies;
- Actively develop product expertise;
- Ongoing education and training of the sales force on Oracle technologies and solutions;
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices;
- Collaborate with other pre-sales teams to drive business results, enhance win rates and better customer propositions;
- Operate in line with all Oracle processes and procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Background from pre-sales, inside sales, or as a consultant;
- Proven experience working in the IT industry as Technical Architect, Solution Architect or Engineer;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and persuasive skills essential;
- Fluent in English;
- Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large‐scale hardware and software systems in realworld situations
- Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of different Cloud projects in realworld situations
- Wide knowledge of IT market and trends
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in IT or Business Consulting
- Specific knowledge of Oracle and competitor hardware solutions is an advantage
- Specific knowledge of Oracle database and middleware technology is an advantage
- Specific knowledge of Oracle applications is an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, java applications, Oracle and non Oracle applications
- Significant C-level presentation experience
- We are looking for a professional with solid experience as Technology Solution Architect, able to understand the customer issues in the software infrastructure space, to design solutions that match the evolving market needs and with a deep competence in all the technologies typically involved in a modern architecture for the digital transformation and roadmaps.
- Knowledge and background in enterprise scale infrastructure architecture, data architecture, middleware architecture, and specific Oracle technology solution offerings is strongly preferred.
Others Key Requirements are:
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative, as well as be a strong contributor in a team environment;
- Natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges;
- Good understanding of the IT market/trends;
- Creative, innovative and analytical thinker with a proven ability to translate complex business needs into feasible, valuable solutions;
- Effective at communicating with excellent presentation skills;
- Good at building strong relationships within Oracle, with partners and with key stakeholders in customers;
- Strong at planning and organizing with a very good ability to meet project deadlines;
- Knowledgeable of sales methodologies, processes and disciplines and have the ability to positively contribute towards sales processes;
- Results orientation, not satisfied until the job is done with the right quality;
- Initiative, signaling areas for improvement and propose suggestions pro-actively;
- Energetic, driven, and positive personality;
- High degree of personal motivation, enthusiasm and commitment;
- Passionate for technology.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online