|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
SVN No.: SVN2021.83
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the general supervision of the Head of Sub Office in Yola, and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Maiduguri, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement and logistics related activities in Yola and Adamawa State. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide procurement and logistics support of goods/services in accordance with the IOM’s procurement policy and other related regulations and procedures.
- Prepare the RFQ or tender documents to be disseminated or advertised in all fields for all works, services and goods after receiving the approved Purchase Requisition.
- Solicit offers and quotations and prepare bids analysis accordingly and share with the supervisor and related Programme Manager and make recommendation for best offers received on goods/services; and seek the related approval according to the Mission’s approval matrix.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) according to the approved bid analysis and quotation, inclusive necessary information on asset number, specifications, quantity, prices, delivery and payments terms
- Follow up purchase orders status and keep requester informed of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery condition
- Ensure timely delivery of order according to the project implementation timeline
- Receive and verify goods/service delivery according to the Purchase Order
- Draft service agreement, construction agreement, supply and delivery contract and other procurement & logistics related contract in addition to the Purchase Order commitment, obtain related approval from COM and/or LEG, and make necessary amendment or extension as required.
- Prepare Request for Payment, ensure proper supporting documents from Purchase Request until Goods Receiving Note are attached, submit it to Finance Department and update the logbook accordingly
- Ensure appropriate monthly closure of open POs and PRs
- Do e-filing for the assigned Procurement & Logistic documents
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with specific focus in managing medical procurement and logistics activities
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Appliaction Closing Date
1st December 2021.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.83 Yola, Nigeria. Procurement & Logistics Assistant G4.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.