Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Procurement Officer will support in managing the operational activities of the Unit.
- The Procurement Officer will also be responsible for planning and developing systems, strategies, and procedures that will improve the efficiency of the department.
- He/she would deliver services that meet business requirements, adhere to organisation policies and procedures as well as ensure adherence to Health and Safety standards.
- This position reports to the Team Lead, Procurement.
- Ensure policy guidelines /steps on procurement are followed.
- Ensure that products and services are delivered as at when due.
- Actively manage the supply chain, collaborate with internal stakeholders and suppliers, critically analyse company spend, and manage supplier risks.
- Ensure all procurement requests are budgeted for.
- Follow the due process in vendor/contractor selection and documentation.
- Carry out the interview of prospective vendors/contractors and negotiate prices with them.
- Process quarterly stock requests and provide procurement reports.
- Carry out market price surveys at least once every quarter and submit reports on Market surveys.
- Maintain a price list quarterly across all items and services procured.
- Identify new opportunities and innovations available in the supply chain.
- Maintain a record of negotiated cost and value additions.
- Work with departments in achieving set goals on various projects in the NGX Exchange.
- Issuance of Purchase Orders.
- Manage relationships with suppliers.
- Manage Change in Contracts with stakeholders involved.
- Prepare Monthly Expenditure Report, Monthly Cost Savings Index and Monthly Supplier Performance Management Dashboard.
- Plan the Cost Optimisation Committee meetings; send out invites for meetings, prepare cost optimisation committee (COC) reports, and file COC Documents.
Desired Competencies and Skill Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise of procurement processes and standards.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of international procurement/supply chain standards.
- Understanding of Finance principles in order to manage the department’s budget.
- Knowledge of Lagos and its environs (advantage).
- Strong Negotiation, Strategic planning, and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong networks with other admin managers of corporate institutions.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Business Administration / Marketing / Commercial and Engineering related courses.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience in a Procurement related field.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online