eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer Intern
Location: Garki 2, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
- We are looking for a passionate Product Designer, who will be responsible for defining product specifications, identifying opportunities for new products, analyzing how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences, setting design requirements based on briefs from internal team(s) and external partners and designing fully-functional products.
- The ideal applicant will be committed to the culture of teamwork and consensus-building. You will love the fact that every day, people use your design and find value in the work that you do.
- Define, prepare, maintain, and promote the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short and long-term releases based on business opportunities and by conducting primary and secondary market research.
- Client and User Engagement on a regular basis via multiple channels
- Specifying and prioritizing market and product requirements, feature sets, and key positioning and messaging elements
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to solve problems
- Analyze external and internal data to identify gaps and opportunities
- Define KPIs and setting targets that move the team toward success
- Develop internal and external product training plans
- Design incredibly simple/neat design flows & lead the design process, from mockups, user flows, prototypes to final designs for products
- Conduct customer interviews and user testing, running design sprints, feature prioritization
- Conduct customer experience analysis
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design, Fine Art, Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering , Marketing / Communications background, or a closely related course. A Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of one year experience in Product Design, ideally with a deep understanding of the Tech industry.
- Exceptional People skills; ability to handle many conflicting demands on your time.
- Proven success defining, launching, and maintaining excellent products.
- Strong knowledge of computer assisted design (CAD), ability to use drawings & 3D models
- Basic knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Project management skills to understand project plans and aid in communication to others are beneficial.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please also select “Student/ NYSC/ PreNYSC” as your category while filling your application
- Current & prospective NYSC corp members in Abuja/ fresh graduates done with NYSC are welcome to apply.
- Please note that applicants must submit a portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results to be included on your resume or presented when required. Applicants without these may not be considered.