PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 31 resident partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program / Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Thematic Lead
Employment Type: Full Time
Line of Service: Business Consulting and Services
Reports to: LFA coordinator/ Team Lead
- Leads management, oversight and monitoring of all aspects of program/M&E activities taken on by the LFA;
- Provides expert advice, critical and analytical thinking in the areas of program management and monitoring to the Global Fund Country Team,
- Provides coaching, direction and supervision to the junior experts
- Performs a first level review of junior experts’ work for quality, consistency and program context;
- Evaluates annual work plans the LFA related to program/M&E reviews, making recommendations for activities based on the knowledge of the grants;
- Monitors, evaluates and analyzes implementation of GF programs, closely coordinating with the grantee(s)/contractor(s) on the results and outcomes;
- Exercise considerable judgment and initiative in implementing program and developing new or improved approaches to analyze, formulate and present solutions for grant implementation issues/ challenges;
- Provides analysis of program evaluations, performance data and reporting documents;
- Serves as an expert resource and/or technical advisor on all program related matters on the GF grant,
- Maintains intimate knowledge of program objectives, accomplishments, and development impacts, especially for meetings, missions, and other GF reporting requirements,
- Participates in in-country mission meetings with the Country Team and provide deep insights on the Global Fund grant;
- Coordinates correspondence with the CT regarding all PHME aspects of review procedures from initiation to closure for direct deliverables and alternate point of contact for indirect deliverables.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Government of Nigeria(GON) policies, laws, regulations, and operational procedures and is able to explain and advise the CT on the impact the aforementioned is likely to have on the direction and implementation of GF programs
- Updates the CT of current events that affect program implementation, impacts the GF programs
Skills and Abilities
- A Graduate Degree (M.Sc equivalent) in Public Health, Medicine, Epidemiology, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the health sector, notably in monitoring and evaluating health programs in developing countries and 3 years additional relevant experience, either as LFA key expert or in a coordinating or technical lead role in a similar context,
- Demonstrated leadership in managing International Development Programs;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge into project designs, project reports, policy papers, etc.
- Ability to communicate recommendations to other sectors;
- Ability to manage large, complex programs;
- Capacity to prepare technical documents;
- Ability to develop and maintain high level contacts (GON, donors, civil society, local bodies, etc.) and productive working relationships with other counterparts;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate extreme flexibility to manage more than one task at a time;
- Ability to conduct field visits;
- Sufficient computer skills to conduct work using MS Word, Excel and Power Point and the ability to use software and computer programs.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online