|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer I – RCCE RMEL
Reports to: Director-Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
Project: Risk Communication (COVID & GHSA)
- Breakthrough ACTION is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead their social behavior change (SBC) programming around the world. Breakthrough ACTION is a partnership led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) in collaboration with Save the Children, ThinkPlace, ideas42, Camber Collective, International Center for Research on Women, and Viamo.
- In Nigeria, Breakthrough ACTION (Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria) focuses its efforts on SBC for malaria; maternal, newborn, and child health, including nutrition (MNCHN); family planning/reproductive health; TB; priority zoonotic diseases; and the COVID-19 response. In addition, Breakthrough ACTION supports the capacity strengthening of key stakeholders to design, implement, and evaluate SBC activities.
- With recently awarded funding from USAID, BA-Nigeria is recruiting positions to lead and implement Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), and COVID-19 activities.
- This position will assist the overall RMEL system for COVID & GHSA workstreams. He/she will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with key partners and organizations and providing technical assistance on collecting and using data to inform COVID and GHSA programming.
- Provide support to all research, monitoring, and evaluation activities related to the COVID and GHSA risk communication and community engagement activities for Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria;
- In collaboration with the RMEL Technical Advisor, provide guidance to programmatic research processes such as desk reviews, gaps assessment, mapping, situation analysis and behavioral insights;
- In collaboration with the RMEL Technical Advisor, provide support for data collection, analysis, and synthesis from the multiple data sources in implementing the BA Nigeria work plans for COVID and GHSA;
- Provide support to the establishment of systems to work with the diverse teams including external stakeholders, on activities related to RMEL;
- Provide technical assistance to the stakeholders on processes to interpret data from all sources and to transform the data into action that improves the quality of the RCCE response. In collaboration with stakeholders in RCCE and other technical areas, design, analyze and triangulate COVID-19 data;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor and/or Abuja country office program leads.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualification & Skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics, Information Technology or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management is required.
- Experience of working on any health-related project especially HIV/AIDs is an advantage.
- Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing, and analysis systems from multiple sources or program areas is desired.
- Well-organized, with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages (e.g. EpiInfo, Epidata).
- Strong writing, presentation, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written & spoken) in the English language and one or more Nigerian language(s) is required.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and work successfully within a cross-cultural, multi-sectoral, multi-project team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the e-mail. e.g. “Program Officer I – RCCE RMEL – Abuja”.