Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer (Service Integration Officer)
Requisition Number: PROGR001233
Location: Borno, North East Region, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Program Services
Reports to: State Program Manager
Objectives of the Project
The objectives of TAConnect G-ANC project are to:
- Improve the uptake and quality of a range of RMNCH services using Group Antenatal Care (G-ANC) in settings where ANC primary care services are delivered (facility and community)
- Support Borno state to adapt, adopt, implement, and sustain a group ANC model as part of their primary health care delivery services and system.
- Support the Borno State Malaria Elimination Program (Borno SMEP) to revise its policies to include active case detection and treatment during pregnancy, improved distribution of IPTp with SP through the G-ANC platform
- Support the Borno SMEP in strengthening malaria surveillance and look at how data from MiP can be applied to understand epi patterns in the broader population
- Assist Borno state to adopt and implement this policy at scale, including using human-centered design.
Purpose of the Job
- The Job holder will provide technical assistance to the state government to ensure effective integration of the G-ANC deployment in selected health facilities.
- S/he will collaborate with facilities in clinical and administrative aspect of service delivery to ensure smooth and effective attainment of project goals.
- S/he will develop creative and innovative approaches to expand access to the use of quality G-ANC and other RMNCH services by the under-served communities, identify technical assistance requirements, and coordinate the provision to TA so that service providers will tender quality RH services.
- The SIO will work closely with the state government and facility leaderships to conduct training needs and equipment/supplies and commodities needs assessment to address the identified needs for improved quality of service delivery.
- S/he will carefully monitor the continuous availability of supplies essential for effective project implementation and take actions required to ensure uninterrupted supply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop creative and innovative approaches to expand access to the use of quality G-ANC and RMNCH services by the under-served communities
- Identify technical assistance requirements and coordinate provision to TA so that service providers will tender quality RMNCH services
- Conduct training needs and equipment/supplies and commodities needs assessment to address the identified needs for improved quality of service delivery
- Conduct field visits to all project sites to monitor and review project progress
- Support and strengthen collaborative approach within the project to integrate other services to G-ANC including malaria in pregnancy
- Liaise with relevant Program Officers to facilitate/participate in RMNCAH+N TWG meetings to ensure coordination of G-ANC and related activities with and among all partners
- Give report on capture data in quarterly reports
- Plan, conduct and supervise training activities to sub-grantees and service providers
- Advise the SPM on necessary changes needed to improve quality coverage and acceptance of service
- Liaise with the Project Community Officer concerned on the development of culturally appropriate methods to educate and inform communities on services to expand service coverage
- Provide oversight for community-based demand generation activities of local CBOs.
- RN / RM Degree in Clinical Nursing / Midwifery or M.B.B.S Degree
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in coordinating projects and managing a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience working in RMNCAH+N and Malaria
- Knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management, and organizational skills.
- A proven team player.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy
- Good understanding of local language
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mature, responsible, and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong interest in community capacity/capability building.
Competencies / Attributes:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Good analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online