|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Support Officer – HeRON Consortium
Requisition ID: req28234
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
HeRON Project Overview
- USAID/FCDO Health Resilience of Northeast Nigeria (HeRON) Service delivery project in Borno and Yobe states supports delivery of quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services, to improve evidence-based decision making, accountability at all levels of service delivery.
- IRC leads a consortium of humanitarian and development implementing partners (Action Against Hunger – AAH/ACF, Society for Family Health Nigeria).
- The Project team is working work alongside states and local government authorities, strengthening their capacity to effectively deliver quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, and newborn and child health and nutrition services.
Scope of Work
- The program support officer will provide administration support to the HeRON Consortium team to ensure smooth running and implementation of its program.
- S/he reports to the Snr HeRON consortium Manager in the state of assignment.
- S/he will work closely with consortium finance, consortium Supply chain and IRC support department to ensure the project is well supported and managed in line with donor policies and compliances.
- Establish an office data management tool for HERON capturing the administrative tasks for monitoring of expenditures and procurements.
- Prepare and upload item forecast for all HeRON project costed activities.
- Raise Travel Authorizations (TAF) for all HeRON staff travels, project related meetings, trainings conferences/workshops, submit for necessary approvals, and follow up with admin for flights and accommodation bookings.
- Prepare project supported Incentive workers’ request forms and payments
- Assist in the preparation of training/workshops administrative and logistical pieces as directed by the Snr HeRON consortium Manager.
- Prepare travel advance and expense report journal through the expense management module on Integra platform.
- Photocopying scanning and filing of all necessary documents/Instruments.
- Ensure all beneficiary distribution lists are properly filed & tagged.
- Follow up with HeRON procurement officer (supply chain) and finance team on all HeRON procurement to ensure supplies are delivered and payments are made in good time.
- Collaborate with Consortium Finance in processing partners’ advance payments
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
Coordination & Representation:
- Participate at internal program coordination meetings
- Participate at consortium coordination meetings with implementing partners.
- Line Manager: Snr HeRON Consortium Manager
- Dotted Line / Indirect Reporting: Consortium Finance Coordinator
- Position directly Supervises: N/A
- Key Internal Contacts: HeRON Consortium Management Team, IRC Supply chain, and finance team.
- Key External Contacts: HeRON Implementing partners, HeRON Incentive workers.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Banking and Finance from a recognized College / Institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Office management related experience.
- INGO related experience is an added advantage.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Able to work in high-pressure situations, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
- Fluency in local context language is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Travel Requirements: Ability to Travel: ~5% of times.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online