Apply for Programme Finance Manager Recruitment 2021 at British Council Nigeria as job vacancies open for qualified and interested candidates. British Council Recruitment recruitment is currently on and will close as soon as the application deadline elapses. The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Programme Finance Manager Recruitment 2021 at British Council Nigeria
Job Title: Programme Finance Manager – Justice, Conflict & Stability
Department: Financial Accounting and Reporting
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Pay band: 8
Duration: 1 – year Fixed term contract with possibility of 1-year extension
- British Council Nigeria is currently recruiting a Programme Finance Manager – Justice, Conflict & Stability (JCS) who will manage all financial and commercial aspects of the full cost recovery programme (FCR) in line with corporate and funders requirements using appropriate standards, policies, processes, systems, and procedures.
- The role will lead the end to end accounting process across the operation (including month and year end close), client reporting, and ensure consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring all financial activity is carried out accurately and effectively for the programmes. The post holder will lead on the development and improvement of efficient and effective standards, policies, guidance, process and systems, act as the first point of advice and support for all teams working on specific projects, and lead on the financial aspects of the set-up of new work, renewals, extensions and the implementation of existing programmes and projects to ensure the EU-funded programmes effectively manage their financial risks, meets client requirements and maximises income generation.
- Whilst reporting to the Head of Finance (Nigeria), the role will work closely with the Operations Managers, and the Regional Commercial Finance Manager. S/he will manage a team of finance officers (3 Finance Officers) and assistant (1 Finance Assistant)
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
The Programme Finance Manager will:
- Lead on the delivery of a range of financial planning, management and reporting services required by clients / funders, partners, suppliers, management and programme team to the required British Council and EU standards.
- Responsible for providing relevant, accurate, complete, and timely financial accounting and management information in line with British Council and funder’s requirements.
- Lead on Financial Risk Management, Control and Compliance processes – including managing the annual audit process, Financial Control and Compliance Framework (FCCF), Enterprise Risk 3 Management Framework (ERMF), management Control Checks (MCS), Financial Control Standards (FCS) processes, etc.
- Oversee the financial aspects of all grants’ activities (e.g. strategy and manual development / review, due diligence, selection support, contracting, disbursement, financial management and reporting, compliance checks, capacity building, etc.) – including capacity building for external staff of partner NGOs and CSOs in line with Client’s expectations and British Council standards.
- Act as the key finance business partner to senior managers across the operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local statutory regulations, including tax-related legislations, foreign exchange policies, etc.
- The organisation requires the financial function to have a level of commercial finance acumen as we expand our income generating activities, streamline our portfolio and target more partnership income. As a result, the role holder will play a key role in driving income target / performance.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CMA) with at least 4 years post-qualification experience
- Graduate of Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a relevant managerial and project finance environment with evidence of continuous professional development
- A very detailed understanding of financial control processes applicable to client funded project work
- Track record of managing key finance function in international / multinational organisation in similar context; and leading an efficient, innovative and result oriented team.
- Direct experience in monitoring and supporting financial management capacity building of Civil Society Organisations in receipt of client funded grants
- Financial reconciliation for high value contracts
- Ability to interpret financial data and support non-financial managers to deliver against financial performance indicators
- Experience of an ERP system (SAP preferably)
- Excel – expert skill level
- Project Management Qualification
- Experience of applying financial controls and procedures within complex and high-risk operating environments to meet challenging contractual standards
- Experience of overseeing, supporting and significantly improving financial management capability and performance of individuals and teams outside of formal / direct line management control
- Demonstrable track record of planning and tracking performance and business modelling through the analysis and reporting of complex financial data
- Experience working in EU-funded, FCDO-funded, etc. related projects
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A technical assessment and presentation to a panel will be part of the recruitment process.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2021.
How to Apply for Programme Finance Manager Recruitment 2021 at British Council Nigeria
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organization. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
- The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
- The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
- We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Latest Job Vacancies
American University of Nigeria Recruitment 2021 May
West Africa Vocational Education Recruitment 2021 May
Lead Enterprise Support Company Limited Recruitment 2021 May
CowryWise Recruitment 2021 May
At Johnson δ Johnson Recruitment 2021 May
Ralds and Agate Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Blumes Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Chrysolite Designs Recruitment 2021 May
The GIG Group Recruitment 2021 May
Google Nigeria Recruitment 2021 May
Smartflow Technologies Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Contec Global Group Recruitment 2021 May
Eat ‘N’ Go Limited Recruitment 2021 May
FHI 360 Recruitment 2021 May
Beacongate Limited Recruitment 2021 May
Crescent University Recruitment 2021 May
Christian Aid Recruitment 2021 May
UNICEF Recruitment 2021 May
Torilo Academy Recruitment 2021 May
Vivo Mobile Nigeria Recruitment 2021 May
Siemens Energy Recruitment 2021 May
British High Commission Recruitment 2021 May