|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Manager, Schools (Design)
About the Role
- As Programme Manager of Schools (Design), you will play an important role in bringing the vision, strategy, goals for school management to fruition through your observing and developing insights about the systems and tools necessary to enact those goals.
- Our team focuses on making every school under our management more consistently effective, primarily through introducing robust structure and process. Your overarching goal is to raise the performance of all schools across all New Globe territories, as measured by student performance, and parent, student, and government satisfaction.
- You will be responsible for observing and developing systems, tools and structures to improve the day-to-day management and support experience for thousands of school leaders across the globe.
- You will also support in designing the suite of products that visually reinforce our core values and systems in order to create a school culture that is vibrant, professional, safe, and focused on learning, leading to large achievement gains and parent, government satisfaction.
- The Programme Manager, Schools (Design) reports to the Director, School Management.
What You Will Do
- Support the Director of School Management in elite design work. This includes:
- Piloting, iterating and launching systems, tools and structures to improve the day-to-day management and support experience for thousands of school leaders across the globe.
- Designing the arc of visual, auditory and experiential touchpoints that reinforce school culture and cultivate a productive, safe, joyful learning environment.
- Research school management tools that need development, for example:
- Finding examples of school culture guidelines for things like: behavior and consequence systems, motivational posters, professional development incentives. Learning from other high performing schools and recommending a way forward in developing our own school culture guidelines.
- Compiling the status quo events in a territory to develop a school calendar that helps set up school leaders for success on implementing annual school events, logistics involved in sitting for government-proctored national exams, regulatory processes, or any other efforts that support the school’s overall academic success, strength and sustainability
- Observe school management tools in action:
- School Leader Weekly Planner
- Supervisor School Visit Survey
- Regional Manager School Visits Roster
- Troubleshooting key performance indicators
- Develop clear and highly relevant insights about what needs improvement, why and what to do next to work towards it:
- Support on planning and communication for the rollout of any change or improvement to school culture or systems. A roll out involves small scale piloting and iteration before larger scale implementation and change management (which may involve different territories, departments or Groups).
- Collaborate with the Learning Innovation team to request small scale pilots, providing detailed instructions, timelines and capacity estimates in clear and concise writing.
- Collaborate with the Regional Schools Director and Leadership and Development team to build the capacity of Regional Managers and Supervisors, school leaders and teachers in succeeding with the help of their daily schedule, coaching or other tools
- Other duties as assigned.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to create clarity and an eye for good design. (Whether in the form of emails, observation forms or posters – you don’t need clarity handed to you. You create it. You don’t need optimal designs handed to you – you can look at something messy and clean it up.)
- Experience working at a school with a track record for strong school management, culture and learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge about and engaged experiences with the components of school management:
- Learning Outcomes
- Enrollment Outcomes
- Record of success in leading adults; prior experience with direct management and ensuring key performance indicators are achieved and deliverables are submitted on time.
- Strong belief that individuals thrive and succeed under structure; that we’re not taking away autonomy but setting individuals up to succeed
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Excellent organization and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take feedback positively and turn it into quick improvement
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior management, as needed
- Flexible and able to multi-task coupled with the ability to set priorities and follow through with results
- A combination of confidence and humility.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online