|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Support Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Development Coordinator and in close cooperation with Programme Managers
- (PMs), technical focal points and colleagues from the Regional Offices, the successful candidate will support the country office’s (CO) activities in the design and development of new programmes/projects as well as for participating in donor liaison and programme reporting forIOM in Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze relevant information on migration-related issues and trends in Nigeria, identify recommendations for the new strategic and operational approaches for the CO.
- Contribute to the development of and consolidate analytical, strategic and thematic reports and documents on IOM Nigeria approaches and priorities, for internal use and external distribution to donors, government, partners and other counterparts.
- Contribute to the development of and consolidate concept notes and project proposals in line with the CO’s strategic and operational priorities and needs, and in line with donors’ interests and requirements, for negotiations and submission to donors.
- Follow up with relevant colleagues in the CO, RO Dakar on review, approval for submission and endorsement of concept notes and project proposals, donor reports, and any other relevant documents, in line with internal requirements and procedures.
- Support the CO’s liaison and fundraising functions.
- Organize, attend, report and follow up on contacts and meetings with donors and partners,collect information about donors’ policies, approaches and funding opportunities, provide information on and ensure follow up as needed in view of new project opportunities.
- Consolidate and analyze data on CO’s programmes, projects and activities, to facilitate the preparation of donor reports and the relevant CO, regional and Headquarters periodic and activity-specific reports.
- Assist in the overall integration of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans, tools, and frameworks into projects during their development, implementation, and reporting; and facilitate sharing of relevant M&E resources in partnership with the program staff; and support the development of M&E data collection and quality assurance tools for PMs and implementing partners.
- Research, draft and compile any other information and documents necessary for project development, reporting and donor liaison purposes.
- Support and assist in liaising with relevant authorities, United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and UN Agencies, non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Political or Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated work experience with international organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations, in a multi-cultural setting;
- Demonstrated experience in project development, donor liaison and reporting activities;
- Previous experience with and knowledge of US and EU funding mechanisms is essential; knowledge of other countries’ funding mechanisms is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience in programme and project management including budget planning and monitoring is an advantage;
- Experience in project development and project management, humanitarian and migration-related activities, report writing and liaison with relevant stakeholders required.
- Ability to assume responsibility and demonstrate continuous commitment in delivering and meeting objectives;
- Ability to effectively and independently prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Effectively and professionally coordinates activities with colleagues, partners, local authorities, and other stakeholders to advance country office or regional objectives;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Excellent report writing skills;
- Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
- English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French,
- Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
- Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2021. (23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database: (https://whed.net/home.php).
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.