|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant (NFI) – G5
SVN No.: SVN2022.80
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: NFI and Shelter Unit (NFI)
IOM Classification: G5
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer – Non-Food Item (NFI), and overall supervision by the Project Officer – Shelter-NFI for Nigeria, the incumbent will assist the Shelter-NFI programme unit in the implementation of the NFI projects. The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of NFI program, including market research and quality control of NFI materials, monitoring of distributions in the IOM areas of intervention.
- Monitor and track achievements as per the project implementation plan, wok plan and operationalized linked to project documents. Assist in monitoring work of supplies and logistic arrangement in coordination with warehouse.
- Carry out regular field visits to IOM project distribution sites and logistic base to monitor the quality of materials delivered to the warehouse. Suggest necessary measures for rectification and achieve standard quality of NFI projects;
- Verify activities are performed in accordance with the specifications in the project proposal and notify in a timely manner of any change request pertinent;
- Adhere and respect the projects work plan (project schedule) designed by NFI Program Manager. Inform of any delay or workaround required for timely completion of activities;
- Provide necessary information and documentation for the preparation of project proposals for IOM to contact potential donors.
- Support the identification and selection of IOM implementing partner(s), service provider/vendor (s) in coordination with other departments; Logistic, Resource Management Unit and WASH;
- Review vendor delivery schedule and track the progress of the delivery against the agreed upon time, and purchase order. Submit updates to the supervisor;
- Carry out technical reviews as appropriate as well as coordinating multiple projects’ distributions.
- Extend support to develop technical skills of field support staff;
- Facilitate use of feedback mechanism for beneficiaries through meetings, regular focus group discussions to assess impact and quality of activities
- Contribute to contingency planning for emergency response if required
- Produce daily and weekly progress reports, provide accurate data analysis and related updates, and share with project manager without delay
- Perform such other duties as required that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed University Degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Disaster Management, Project Management, Humanitarian Refugee Studies, Statistics, Civil engineering, Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Three (3) years Relevant professional experience in emergency response (natural or human made disaster)
- Experience in emergency response programming for marginalized populations, including need assessment, data collection, monitoring, and review.
- Knowledge of structures and functions of national and international humanitarian agencies, donors, and organizations
- Familiarity with the Emergency Response, Disaster Management and Disaster Risk Reduction in the region an advantage.
- Experience in NFI programme, particularly on NFI distribution and beneficiary training is an advantage.
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of existing coordination structures.
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM, and other emergency response partners.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
- English and Native Language such as Hausa or other Northeast Nigeria local languages.
- Previous experience in humanitarian work
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2022.
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.80 Maiduguri. Project Assistant (NFI) G5.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.